Chapter 5

Everyone went to the great hall. I was the only fourth year standing with the 1st year students outside the Great Hall. I was waiting impatiently. It felt like I've been waiting here for a decade. Finally the door swung open, I looked up and an old tall stern-looking witch with black hair neared us. I was standing in the back, she viewed me

" Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school.. Cordelia Reinders, please come to the front. You will be sorted first, since you are the only fourth year here." she gushed in a high pitched tone. All the first years examined me as I climbed up the stairs and went in front of everyone. Professor McGonagall led us to the Great Hall, I felt so overwhelmed everyone was looking at me confused, since I looked older than a first year student.

Dumbledore gave a long speech welcoming the students, then I heard McGonagall call my name. I sat on the chair, I looked at all the students and saw Cedric observing me from the Hufflepuff table. She placed the sorting hat on my head.

"Hmm Ambitious, brave, selfish" babbled the hat. The only thing I repeated on and on to myself is not the same house as Draco Malfoy, not the same house as Draco Malfoy, not the same house as Draco-

"Not the same house as Draco? Interesting, Slytherin would be a splendid fit for you, after all you're a pureblood and very cunning!" he shouted.

Everyone heard what the hat said. My jaw dropped. I felt dizzy and extremely embarrassed. I wanted to die right there, on that uncomfortable chair. I wanted to rip the hat apart. Why you gotta do me like that you dumb hat I thought to myself. Shit! How am I gonna look at him now. I could hear Draco let out a loud laugh from afar and almost everyone laughed at me. As I was crumbling in my thoughts, I heard the only thing I didn't want to hear.

"SLYTHERIN!" the fucking hat scremed. Oh my lord. I got up the chair and slowly walked towards the slytherin table. Thankfully Draco was sitting in the middle of the table and I sat at the very end of it.

As the feast began, I realised how hungry I was, I was practically starving, since I hadn't eaten all day. The food was delicious and there were at least 20 different deserts in front of me. There were Cauldron Cupcakes, my favorite.

My mother never used to let me eat them, because she said I would get fat and that they were unnecessary calories that my body didn't need. I had a lot of cravings and begged her to buy some sweets, but she never did. So now since she isn't here, I thankfully don't have to worry about someone snatching my cupcakes from me. As I was about to dig in this wonderfulness.

"Reinders" shouted some familiar voice. I turned to my right, and I wasn't surprised, it was Malfoy. He had the evilest smirk on his face.

"Wow I didn't know you were that obsessed with me. You should've seen the look on your face when he said my name. It was absolutely hilarious. I haven't had a good laugh at something in a long time" he chuckled. He made me furious but to not drag myself any deeper into the ground. I decided that, I'm not gonna give in to his stupid remarks.

"Well it's sad that I'm your only entertainment source" I snapped. His jaw dropped, he couldn't think of a comeback. Which made me even happier. I could hear people laughing at Draco.

"I like this girl" said a random slytherin boy who sat across from me.

"Whatever.. I don't have any time to spear for filthy annoying girls like you" he spat furiously. He left the table with Blaise and Goyle without even letting me respond. Ugh! How dare he call me those words. I want to punch him in the fucking face. I want to Crucio that damn bastard. No one got on my nerves the way Draco Malfoy did.

If I only knew this was only the beginning...