Chapter 6

THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES

While I was walking back to class, he grabbed my arm from behind, turned me around and pressed his soft lips against mine. The warmth of his lips on mine was a sensation I never knew I could feel. His outrageously expensive and sexy cologne flared my nostrils, I almost felt intoxicated by his essence.

"What are you still doing in bed!" yelled a prefect,

"It's 8:15 am! Get up, class has already started! My eyes open like two flashlight beams, I couldn't process what she said for a second. Then, I realised it was the first day of classes and that my first class was potions with Snape. Oh lord! I jumped out of bed faster than a Nimbus flying at full speed. I got dressed as quickly as I could, exited the slytherin common room and sprinted to class.

By the time I made my way to Snape's classroom, I was out of breath and hesitated whether or not I should enter. I said fuck it and busted the door wide open. Everyone abruptly turned around and looked at me. Snape was writing something on the board, he didn't even turn around.

"Detention for you miss Reinders," he said in a very monotone but soothing tone.

"Sorry for being late, it's my first day here" I blurted. He turned around and glidid towards me like a slinking jaguar. His cloak turned into a pair of bat wings at the speed he was walking at.

"I couldn't care less that it's your first day. You will have detention tonight. You better learn how to be on time, if not you will receive detention and be sent to the Forbidden Forest until the rest of the semester! Do I make myself clear?!" he hissed. I was speechless, I felt everyone's eyes on me.

Why the fuck is he so mean. Like I only arrived 20 minutes late and it's my first year. What gives this man the right to come near me like this and embarrass me. Since my parents valued my reputation, I didn't say anything back even if I was boiling inside. As I was looking at a table to sit at, I saw Diggory. His eyes were locked on mine, but when he saw me looking at him, he quickly turned his head towards the board. It was kind of weird, since we made such a great connection on the train, I didn't really think much of it. Maybe he was nervous? I walked up to his desk.

"May I have this seat?" I asked. He didn't acknowledge me at first, nor did he even look at me.

"Sure" he mumbled, a couple moments later.

"Thanks" I said while pulling up a chair. I'm starting to get kind of worried. Why is he acting so differently? As Snape was talking about some aging potion, I couldn't concentrate on a single word he was saying. I was too focused on Cedric. I couldn't maintain myself.

"Is there something wrong?" I enquired. He looked at me with his head down glaring his notes.

"What do you mean?" he queried.

"You're kind of acting like a dick" I hissed. I could tell he was shocked when I addressed him like that. I mean don't judge me but, I couldn't handle these bipolar boys!

"Why do you say so?" he said.

"I mean yesterday we had such a great conversation. I thought we were friends and now you don't even bear to look at me. Is it because I'm in Slytherin and that you're in Hufflepuff? Why does it even matter if we can get along with each other. This house system is bullshit. I don't think it's for a fucking hat to decide where we belong. I mean you're put in these houses when you're fucking twelve!" I fumed.

"I.. um.. I guess.. Umm.. I dunno.. Well yeah, I know I'm kind of distant towards you, because I don't know how you managed to be in Slytherin. I really shouldn't be associating with you. But, I guess you're right, we had a nice conversation yesterday" He admitted. He had a drop of sweat on his forehead. I could tell that he wasn't used to conversations like this. Which I don't really blame him for.

"Yeah, so friends then?" I asked. Even though I wanted to be more than friends with him.

"Yeah" He answered while he gave me the classic white man smile.

"Good," I said. I looked around the classroom to see if anyone else was gazing at me. That bitch Pansy was putting nail polish on, which smelled horrible. I guess Snape has a problem with his olfaction.

The smell filled up the whole room. No one really cared and they were doing their own thing, as I was about to turn my head back to the board. I felt kind of tense, and a tingling sensation began to spread across every inch of my body. I can't explain how, I sensed someone's gaze on me. I looked back, and there he was. Fucking Draco. He was sitting in the far back of the class, and had these two big guys sitting next to him on each side. I always saw him with those guys. I mean, are they his personal bodyguards or something. He continued observing me up and down and he kind of looked different. As If he was angry or something. I flipped him off and turned around.

"What the fuck did you just do?" he shouted. The whole class turned around.

"Um... I didn't do anything, do you have issues or something? I chided.

"What is all this nonsense?" exclaimed Snape.

"Professor she flipped me off!" he spat.

"This is the second time my class has been interrupted today! You will be joining Miss. Reinders in detention tonight Mr.Malfoy! And you will be partners for the upcoming project due in two weeks." He fumed, it was clear he was fed up with us. "Now if I hear one more word come out from either of you. You will have detention for the rest of the year!"

"Screw this fucking class" screamed Malfoy. He got up and left without looking back. He didn't even take his stuff with him.

Fuck my life. Like everything that happened wasn't enough I had detention with him and had to work with him. Why does every single thing I do lead me to Malfoy. However I must admit, he did look hot when got up and left. The way he didn't care about anything turned me on. Why the fuck am I fantasising about Draco right now? When Cedric, the most adorable guy with the cutest dimples was sitting just beside me.