Chapter 53

Cordelia's P.O.V.

I've been sleeping in Draco's room ever since I came back. The thought of being alone at any given moment scares me. Even though I know Akoni and Claudio have been banned from entering Hogwarts grounds, I still feel like they might somehow find a loophole or a way in.

I can feel that Draco feels so much more protective over me and always tries to remain by my side; he even skips his own classes and attends mine with me. Hermione and Theo have also been doing their best in always trying not to leave me alone when Draco can't be with me, whether it's walking to class, lunchtime, or spending time in the common rooms.

Draco has been trying to stay composed and not let his emotions get the best of him, but his rage against his father only seems to be increasing as days pass by. He gets these little outbursts of emotions and starts smashing any item he can find but then apologizes to me and feels bad that he made me witness him in that state. He says he wants to kill his father, but I know deep down that he doesn't. He doesn't want to be the one to take his life, because even though he thinks he hates his father, he doesn't.

The alarm I set went off, and I immediately tapped my side to touch him, but my palm hit the mattress. I opened my eyes, and he wasn't there. He usually never leaves before I wake up. I tried to find any visible notes that he might have left me, but then I saw that the light from the bathroom was lit.

I got up and pressed the door handle, but it was locked, "Draco?" I said softly. No sound.

"Are you okay?" still nothing, not even a tiny sound fragment.

"You're worrying me, Draco. Please open the door," no sound. Even though I was worried, I didn't want to overwhelm him and knew that he would come out when he was ready. So I sat against the door and waited. My Charms class was going to start soon, but who gave a shit at this point. I would rather sit and wait here than sit in a class for an hour and learn nothing useful.

"Accio pillow" I conjured a pillow, put it against my back, and stared at the clock.

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock...

After waiting around twenty minutes, I heard the door unlock and quickly stood up. Draco's eyes were red; he must have been crying. He was standing in front of a completely destroyed bathroom. I looked at him and didn't say anything, and I took him in my arms and hugged him.

He must have cast a silencing charm because the mirror has broken in half, one half on the wall and the other pieces in the sink. There was also a mix of scents swirling in the air from all the perfume bottles smashed on the floor. However, my section of the bathroom with my toiletries and perfumes remained untouched; not even one item had moved an inch from where I had placed them beforehand, which made my eyes teary. He was still a gentleman even in all of this chaos. I took my wand from my pocket and put everything back to normal.

"It's all my fault," he said. I could feel a teardrop on my shoulder.

"No, Draco. This has nothing to do with you," I removed myself and looked at him, but his eyes were facing down, "Look at me, Draco." He slowly removed his head, and his silver eyes met mine. "You didn't do this. It's your father and his two minions who did. Okay?-"

"But it happened because of me. I should've known." he cut me off.

"If you knew, I know you would've done anything to stop it. I have zero doubts about that. I love you and hate seeing you like this. It's hard for me too, but what's done is done, and it's time to move on. We are here right now and together and love each other despite all the obstacles we have faced. Besides, your father is in Azkaban now, and he won't be able to hurt me anymore. You won't be able to play on both sides and fool the Dark Lord whilst being in this state. Today is the day everything begins, and you need to stay strong, for all of us." Another tear slid through his cheeks as he nodded as he cupped my cheeks and kissed me passionately.