Chapter 19

"I'll take it from here Mrs.Pomfrey" I said when we came in front of the Slytherin common room.

"Are you sure my dear?" she replied, I simply nodded.

"Ok then.. Don't forget about our agreement. I want to see you at the hospital wing twice a day, until I'm sure that it's ok for you to not come in anymore" she added.

"Ok, thank you for everything" I replied, her mouth curved into a smile and she started walking back.

As I was walking through the corridor to the common room, I heard someone humming very quietly. I thought to myself I was simply hearing non existent noises. However, as I walked closer to the common room, the noise started getting louder. The room was practically deserted, apart from one person.

That person was Draco. He was sitting on an armchair by the fireplace, he looked so tired, I could see the dark circles underneath his eyes 10 feet away. He was wearing a dark green sweater and black sweatpants. It was the first time I saw him wearing color. It looked really good on him, but of course not as good as wearing all black. See black, just makes him hit different, nothing could compare to it.

He was writing on something that looked like a diary while humming gently. His expression was very focused.. Which made him look irresistible. The only thing I wanted was for him to look at me like that all day long. His paleness made his hair look even blonder.

His humming was like music to my ears. I could fall asleep to that sound every night. It was so relaxing. It left a tingling sense rushing through every part of my body. It felt so good after the absolute hell I've been through lately.

He still hadn't noticed me, he was too concentrated on his writing. I let out a cough to catch his attention. He shut his diary instantly and locked his sparkling grey eyes on mine. His eyes lit up and his expression dulled. Words left me, when I witnessed his reaction. He didn't say anything, and just observed me with wide eyes. It looked like he thought this wasn't reality.

"Hi" I broke the silence. His lips were still pressed together, he stayed silent. He shifted his eyes, on the black rose in my hand. Then lifted his gaze back at me, firmly got up his chair and slowly walked towards me. I thought he was going to hug me, but I was wrong.
He walked past me and exited the common room.

What the fuck? Why did he just leave?

I have witnessed a vast majority of bipolar people, but none were as much as he was.
One second he leaves the most dashing black rose next to me, next he ignores me when he sees me.

He's so complicated.

Will I ever be able to understand Draco Malfoy?

----

Draco's P.O.V

Her presence made me go blind. I really didn't expect to see her today. I hate "surprises", I've always hated them. That's why I refuse to celebrate my birthday.
I don't know what to do when very sudden things happen, so I simply walked out of the situation. I didn't know the direction I was going. My legs were just simply guiding me somewhere.

I still can't believe it.

I couldn't handle seeing her.

She was finally awake, standing in front of me after two months. I waited for her to wake up impatiently every single second of the day and now.... she was finally there.

Seeing her reminded me of her lifeless face as I rushed her to the hospital wing. That face haunted me at night. Everytime time I shut my eyes, that was the only thing I saw.

But now she was alive, I was starting to lose hope. Not that I really believe in the concept much... yet.

I didn't know how to react. She caught me off guard so I simply escaped. I was still angry at what she had said to me. No one ever dared to talk to me like that, besides her.

It's not in your hands to choose your parents...

Guilt hasn't left me since I saw her collapsed on the floor, all life sucked out of her. I knew it was because of me. But, It also wasn't my fault. She was talking nonsense, I didn't sleep with her roommate. I don't even know her roommate. Why would she even say that to begin with. Nothing else has occupied my mind after the second I kissed her.. Except, finding ways to bother Potter of course.

I wanted to hug her so bad and not let go but I resisted myself. At that moment it felt like the right thing to do.. I thought not hugging her would somehow make me think of her less...

I guess I was wrong...for the first time.