Chapter 45

His dark-ice eyes met mine from across the room as he studied me carefully. His right leg was crossed over his left and on top of the table. The first two buttons of his school shirt were unbuttoned and the tie wrapped around his long neck, loose. With a movement of his hand, he dragged the tips of his hair away from his face.

He was startlingly handsome.

"Mixed up the rooms?" he asked cockily as he shut the book and placed it on his lap.

What does that even mean?

I took a step closer and looked over the nightstand--it was still open. I wonder if he realised I took a slight peek at the letters.
Probably not though, he would've hexed me by now or something.

"What?" I questioned him, as I tuck a strand of hair, that was bothering me, behind my ear.

He sighed "Thought you were looking for his room" there was a husk in his tone.

His? Why can't he be just straight forward for once. Why does he always have to talk and formulate phrases with holes in them.

Either way, I'm not going to make this a big deal and focus on why I came here.

It's not about me, it's about him. It's always about him. Everything I do is tied to him.

It's as if he's my son and I have to put up with his shit. When I think about it now I honestly really don't have to and even though hypothetically speaking he was my son, I still wouldn't have to put up with him.
Does Narcissa put up with him?

Every time I think about the way he treats me and all the shitty things we've been through, I remember some of the good times we've had together and those moments are what I live for.

"Who's room?" I sighed as I sat at the edge of his bed.

"The twin" his dark, long eyelashes stood out in stark contrast against the chiseled bone structure of his pale complexion.

Of course he meant Claudio.

"Why would I go to Claudio's room Draco?" I asked impatiently to finish the conversation, so

I can start what I came here for.

He licked his lips as he leaned further back on the couch "Oh I don't know.. For him to show you the many things he can do with a knife" he looked uncomfortable finishing the second half of his sentence.

Really?

"No," I shook my head.

Is that really what he thinks of me? That I'm just this object that throws herself to any guy that offers me sexual relief...

"Well, didn't hear you say that to him when he asked you" he said matter of factly.

I scoffed "Didn't really have the chance to after your immediate reaction.."

"My reaction? I didn't even touch him.." he stiffened in his seat.

Well.. as he should..

"You shouldn't even need to have a reason to touch him in the first place.." I crossed my arms and gave him an incredulous look.

He sat up straight and leaned forward, placing his weight on his elbows "You don't get it do you?"

How does he expect me to get anything, when he doesn't explain shit to me?

"Do you even talk to me for me to get you? I'm sick of trying to analyze and understand the reasons for your behaviors, I'm not a psychiatrist for fucks sake" I snapped as I sat up straight.