Chapter 31

I was back. Back home, we came through Dumbledoor's fireplace. I still refuse to believe she did such a thing. It felt strange being back, it didn't feel like home.

It was just spacious and cold. There were two servants waiting in front of the door and another one cleaning the wide windows.

Diana (my mother) placed her purse on the coffee table and sat on the green velvet couch in front of me. I was just standing, without moving a single muscle and processing everything that happened.

Fuck Draco doesn't know. He's gonna think I left without telling him.

"You will be homeschooled until you have no feelings left for the boy in question." She gave me a cold gaze.

"Don't even try to escape, because you won't be able to," she added with a slight smile on her expression.

"Why are you so cruel Diana?!" I snapped. Is she really gonna lock me here, against my will?

"It's for your own good Cordelia" she said, fixing her straight platinum blonde hair. It reminded me of his hair.

"How is this for my own fucking good! Please enlighten me!" I hissed. Is this some kind of joke?

"First of all you will respect me. I won't tolerate you speaking to me that way and second, men are just a distraction. They always end up by wasting your time and breaking your heart. That's why I'm getting divorced from your father. You need to focus on what's best for you and concentrate on your studies. As soon as you graduate you will marry Louis de Chambrun marquis d'Havrincourt."

My brain stutters for a moment and my eyes take in more light than I expected, every part of me goes on pause while my thoughts catch up.

There's too many things shot at me all at once. Since when are my parents getting divorced?? Also, since when am I marrying Louis ?

I knew I had to get married to a french nobleman eventually, but not Louis. He's the most self absorbed, disgusting person I've met. My family always went on trips around the world with his family. I hated his presence, he never left me alone.

"Why are you and father getting divorced?" I asked with a shaky breath.

"It's none of your business"

"It's none of my business?! This concerns both of us equally, mother!" I exclaimed. What the fuck! Is she mad?! First she drags me out of Hogwarts because I love someone and now she has the audacity to not tell me why they're getting divorced.

"Fine. Perhaps you should know what a filthy bastard your father actually is! He cheated on me with Narcissa Malfoy!"

My face fell faster than a corpse in cement boots. In that instant my skin became greyed, my eyes were as wide as they could stretch and my mouth hung with lips slightly parted.

"You probably have heard of the Malfoy's right? If I'm not mistaken, he has a son that attends Hogwarts" she added.

I truly don't know what's happening anymore. My dad cheated on my mother. How could he? I thought everything was fine between them. Maybe she drove him mad? Who could one tolerate such a cruel person like her.

Poor Draco, he doesn't know. I know that his mother is the only thing keeping him sane, when he's home. He talks about her all the time.

Does his father know, her wife cheated on him?

At least, there is one thing good about this, she doesn't know about me and Draco and I intend to keep it that way.

"I don't know what to say" I am at a loss for words right now. "Where is he staying?"