Chapter 41

Cordelia's P.O.V.

I watched him disappear into thin air after I told him who it was. I stared at the door silently waiting for him to come back any second but he didn't, so I went back to my room.

I wish I never saw what I just did..

My reflection in the mirror.

I didn't look the same.

I didn't like what I saw.

The ways he grabbed me came flooding through my mind. I could feel Akoni's presence even if he wasn't here. I turned around immediately to check if he was standing behind me but thankfully he wasn't.

I looked at my wrists and they were still red from the way he held them tightly. I tried to not look at them but they were too red to ignore.

I made my way to the bathroom and took off my clothes. I tied my hair in a bun and got inside the shower. I accidentally opened the cold water first and the freezing water splashed on top of my skull, so I immediately turned the warm water on instead.

The steam felt good. I felt like his touches were slowly evaporating from my body. I stayed under the water and tried to not think of what just happened. Tried to do what I was best at..
Shoving my memories deep inside my mind and ignoring them. It's the only way I can survive and be mentally stable. The only way I can suppress the pain.

When you think about it, it's really all in your head. You have the power to allow yourself to feel the pain or not. It's all in your head.

But I guess I'm not strong enough because along with the clean water from the shower head came down my tears.

They mixed together into one and dropped onto the shower floor.

I just cried and cried until I was physically unable to do so.

I lay on my bed with a towel wrapped around my body and stared at the ceiling.

Someone burst into my room.

It was them. Draco and Akoni.

Draco was holding Akoni from his collar and he pulled him so hard that he fell on the floor.
There was blood dripping from Akoni's lips and he started laughing and what I witnessed in front of me was a horrifying view.

Akoni could barely open his left eye and there was blood inside of his mouth. His teeth were stained red from the blood and his shirt was ripped open with a couple of cuts.

"Kneel," Draco commanded calmly as he fixed his posture. Akoni just looked at him with a smile plastered on his face.

"NOW!" exclaimed the blond. The other wizard still didn't do anything he was just laying on the floor and the blood was dripping onto the carpet. Draco went over him and instantly kicked him in the chest. Akoni only scoffed and fixed his hair. He tried to get up but Draco placed his foot on his stomach.

He held Akoni's collar with both hands "I said now!" Even I was scared at that point. The way Draco looked at him gave me goosebumps. I could feel my heart rate rise up. He genuinely looked like he wanted to murder him.

Akoni spit on his face. The blond let out a loud sigh, wiped his face, and rolled up his sleeves. The next thing I know his fist connected with Akoni's jaw.

Once. Twice.

Akoni tried to punch him back but Draco was faster and stronger. As Akoni was about to go in for his punch, Draco already went for his second and now third. The dark-haired wizard was breathing heavily and he barely held his other eye open now thanks to the several punches.