Chapter 12

We entered the Great Hall.

"Here you go," said Hermione, giving me the elyxir. I took it from her. "I'll go sit at the Gryffindor table next to Harry and Ron and watch you," she added. I shook my head and parted ways with her. There weren't that many people over at the Slytherin table. I was scanning the table, trying to find some guys which were in years older than me. I saw a guy sitting alone, he looked older than me but I needed to know for sure. I walked towards him and sat next to him without overthinking.

"How old are you?" I asked abruptly without even asking what his name was. I know it was fast but there was no time for small talk. He looked at me as if I had sprouted an extra head.

"Huh? Why?"

"Just answer the question" I commanded. He shot me a quizzical look, paused and thought for a moment.

"17" he answered, still confused on why I would ask him such a question. When he said 17, my spirits brightened. I could barely contain my happiness.

"Perfect!" I exclaimed. I leaned in, grabbed him by the shoulder with one hand and kissed him to distract him while I was putting a drop of the potion in his food with my other hand. He didn't push me back, which you know I wasn't that surprised. I didn't really think he would. However, I wasn't attracted to him at all so I had to break up the kiss. It was like what happened with Cedric when he grabbed my arm and kissed me but vice versa.

"What.. Uh.. Umm" he mumbled.

"Just shut up! Your food is getting cold." I hissed. His eyes widened, he didn't question me and started eating. He was at a loss for words. He finished every single bite of his food, there wasn't a singular crum left on his plate. He turned around and observed me with the widest smile I have ever seen. His happiness unfolded like a flower, it looked like he was drunk with joy. He couldn't keep his mouth closed.

"I love you" he confided. This potion really does kick in fast I thought to myself. This boy didn't even know my name and said he loved me in the span of 5 minutes. The only thing I could think of was that I fucking love magic. I didn't say that I loved him back.. obviously. I took a piece of parchment from my pocket and a quill and wrote Draco Malfoy on it. While I was doing so, he couldn't stop touching me everywhere. He was caressing my hair. I felt slightly uncomfortable. I looked at the Gryffindor table and I could see Hermione chuckling staring at us. I rolled my eyes at her smiling. I folded the parchment and shifted my focus to the boy.

"Hey love" I said caressing his hair "Could you please put this paper in the cup for me now" I asked, placing the parchment in his hand.

"I love you..I love you so much. Do you want to dance with me?" he answered.

"We'll dance as much as you want, after you put this in the cup" I said ignoring the part where he confesses his love for me, with a gentle smile on my face.

"Really my love??" he bubbled.

"Yes!" me assuring him elevated his mood even more. He jumped up and rushed out of the Great Hall without hesitating. I waited 2 minutes before following him, to not really catch anyone's attention.