026❦

((Colby's POV))

I was laying in my bed, just thinking about Sam. I haven't seen him in a week. I don't think I have even moved from my bed ever since he left. There's nothing to do without him.

Soon, I heard my phone ring from my bedside table. I groaned as I rolled over to get it. 'Who could be calling me this late?' I asked myself as the time said 10:30 pm. I looked at the contact, and it said "Unknown Caller ID" I decided to hang up on it. I didn't know the person so I didn't bother answering.

But then, my phone rang again. It said "Unknown Caller ID". I was getting a little nervous, but I still didn't answer it.

It wasn't until the person called me a third time, until I answered it.

~ "Hello?"

~ "Oh my God, hi, is this Colby? Colby Brock?"

~ "Um... yeah? Why?"

~ "It's Mike. I used to date Sam."

~ "Oh yeah. How's Sam by the way-?"

~ "That's what I'm calling you about. You need to come over to my place."

~ "What?! Why?"

~ "It's gonna take too long to explain. Just come to *apartment address* NOW!"

I hung up the phone then ran out of my bed, and out to my car. I got in the front seat then started to drive to Mike's apartment using the address that he gave me.

I arrived in 20 minutes thanks to speeding. I ran inside then used the elevator to take me up to the 7th floor. I went to room 706 because that was where Mike told me to go.

I knocked on the door furiously, and the door immediately opened. "Oh! Hey, Colby-!" It was Brennen. I pushed passed him and said a quick "hey".

Before I even got into the apartment room, I could hear shouting and crying. I recognized it as Sam's.

I ran into the room where the sounds where coming from. I ended up in a bedroom. I saw Mike standing over Sam, who was laying on the bed, drenched in sweat, tears falling down his face, and with loud shouts coming from his mouth.

"Holy sh*t what happened!?" I asked, scared. "I-I-I don't know! I think it's a bad dream. I've been trying to get him to wake up but he keeps moving and kicking." Mike told me as he paced the room and bit his nails. "I called you because I know how much you mean to him, and I thought that maybe you could try to get him to wake up." Mike told me.

Just then, Sam screamed louder than I could ever even imagine someone screaming. I bet the rooms next door could hear him. It sounded like he was getting murdered. "Holy, f*ck that scared me." Brennen said as he came into the room.

I just ignored him as I approached Sam. I saw that his hair was sticking to his forehead because of all the sweat, and I also saw that he has bruises on his skin. Bruises.

"Why the f*ck are there bruises on Sam?" I asked worryingly as I turned my head towards Mike and Brennen. "What? Where?" Mike said while coming to see. "How did that happen? They look new." Mike said. I shrugged.

Then I saw a few hickeys on his upper chest. "Did you guys do something to Sam?" I asked angrily. "What?! No! I've been gone a lot because I've been making music. Brennen and Sam have been the only ones here!" Mike said. "And I know for a fact that Brennen wouldn't do something like that to Sam, or anyone." He then finished.

Sam screamed again, and I don't know how, but it was louder than last time. "NO! Sto-stop it! Pl-please! Le-let me go!" Sam then yelled. I quickly said, "Sam! It's Colby!"

I saw Sam start to move around after I called his name. It looked like he was trying to see me in his dream. "Sam!" I kept shouting, and started shaking him awake.

Sam then suddenly sat right up, with open eyes. I saw that his eyes were glossy, puffy, and extremely red, and his breathing was heavy and fast.

"Colby?" Sam said as he looked around the room. "Sam. I'm right here. No need to worry." I said and he turned to face me. "Colby!" Sam wrapped his arms around me and cried. "It's okay, Sammy... I got you." I kissed his head and sat on the bed with Sam holding onto me.

"Hey, Sam, what happen-" Mike touched Sam's arm, then he screamed, "NO! D-don't t-touch me-e!" He said. Mike backed away quickly. "Hey, hey, hey, it's okay." I held Sam closer to me.

I soon heard Sam start whining and crying more. "Hey, Sammy, what's wrong?" I asked. "I-I-I sca-scawed, d-daddy." Sam said, which made me realize that he was now in his little headspace.

"It's okay, Sammy. I got you now. You're safe with me." I comforted him. Sam dug his head into the crook of my neck and nodded.

"Can you tell us who did this and what happened?" I asked Sam after a few minutes. "Like in your dream and with your body." I added, looking everywhere on Sam's body. "N-no..." Sam shook his head. "Why not?" I asked. "B-b-because d-da p-person da-dat h-hurt mwe s-said d-dat i-if I te-ell an-anyone den, dey- dey, gwonna h-hurt mwe wo-wots more..." Sam told then started to cry again.

"Baby, don't cry. I'll keep you safe..." I rubbed Sam's back. "I wove woo, daddy." Sam said quietly to me. "I love you too, Sammy." I said back. 

There was silence between all of us for a good minute, before Sam spoke. "Daddy? I wanna gwo home..." He whispered very quietly so that I could only hear and I nodded. "Okay, guys. We're going back home. Sam doesn't want to stay here anymore." I told them. "Yeah that's fine." Mike said. "We honestly have no clue how that stuff happened to Sam, just so you know" Brennen then said. I let out a sigh, "Yeah. Thanks for taking care of him though. I really appreciate it." I gave them a small smile then walked out of the apartment.

While I was there, Brennen was being suspicious. He was quiet most of the time, and he looked nervous while he was standing there, and was even more nervous while he was talking. I just shrugged off the thought as I drove Sam and I back home.

-------------

((This was a long chapter :))

1125 words

UNEDITED