011❦

((Colby's POV))

I couldn't fall asleep that night. I just couldn't stop thinking about what Sam said, 'I don't like Cole.' Yeah, sure not a lot of people who I've introduce Cole to like him, but this time it's different. Cole loves Sam, but Sam doesn't feel the same way.

I definitely would have thought that if Sam liked me again, then he would also like Cole but... I guess I was wrong...

((Sam's POV))

It was 8 am when I woke up. I looked around the room because Colby wasn't in the bed with me. He wasn't in my room either.

I got out of my bed, then checked his room, he wasn't there. I went downstairs and checked everywhere, but still no Colby to be found.

Lastly, I checked outside, and to me relief he was sitting out by the pool.

"Hey." I said while going to sit beside him. Colby gave me a smile. "What are you doing out here?" I asked. Colby shrugged, "I don't know. Just thinking I guess." He said. "About what?" I questioned. Colby shrugged again. "No offense or anything, but I don't want to tell you... not now at least. Maybe another day." He told me while kicking his feet in the water. I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit hurt by that, but he probably has a good reason as to why he's keeping it a secret. Some secrets you just can't share.

"It's fine. But you know that you can always talk to me, right? I will always be here for you." I said while placing my hand on his. Colby smiled at me then leaned his head on my shoulder, and I leaned mine on his head.

We let peaceful silence fall between us as we sat on the edge of the pool. It felt nice; the wind blowing in our faces; the smell of fresh air; the sound of birds chirping. Sadly, that peacefulness had to end when I felt myself getting lifted up, and thrown into the pool.

"Suck on that, b*tch!" Just my luck... it's Cole.

"You're a f*cking a*shole, you know that right?" I asked while hopping out of the pool. "That's the nicest thing someone has said to me all day!" Cole smiled sarcastically. "F*ck off already!" I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "That's not on my to do list today." Cole smirked. I mentally gagged.

"I hope 'Not annoying Sam' is on there." I said while getting a towel to dry myself off. "No, but 'Annoying Sam' is number 1, 2, 3, and 4." Cole said as he leaned up against the fence. "Of course they are..." I sighed, finishing drying myself off, with my hair still a bit wet.

"Y'know, for someone who doesn't like me very much, you sure are talking to me a lot." Cole said from behind me as I started to head inside. I didn't even bother to answer, mostly because I didn't know what to say.

"So poor little Sammy can't think of something mean to say? How unfortunate." Cole pouted as we got inside. "Okay. One more word out of your mouth, and I'll smack you." I snapped at him. "Geeeez, you don't need to go full psycho mode on me-"

-SMACK

After I hit him, I instantly regretted it.

-------------

((A short chapter, but a nice place to stop))

571 words

UNEDITED