02❦

((Colby's POV))

It has been two weeks since Sam's accident, and he's still at the hospital. The hospital is supposed to call me when I can go pick up Sam. I miss him, I miss him a lot, but he doesn't miss me cause he lost his fuxking memory.

Every time I think back to when Sam said, "Who are you and how do you know my name?" I always get mad, upset and sad. He doesn't remember that we dated, he doesn't remember that I cheated on him (well that's a good thing though), he doesn't remember Cole. I feel so bad for Sam.

I'm going to have to try and make him love me again. I have to try. If I can't then hopefully we can just be really good friends again.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, so I took it out. The hospital was calling me. I answered,

~ "Hello?"

~ "Hi. Is this Colby?"

~ "Yep."

~ "Okay. You are allowed to come to the hospital because Sam is ready to be brought home. There are some things that his doctor will need to go through with you once you get here."

~ "Okay, that's fine."

~ "Great. See you soon."

~ "Yep. Bye."

~ "Bye."

I hung up and got ready to leave. I grabbed my car keys, left the house, locked the door, then got into my car and drove off.

I arrived at the hospital in 20 minutes.

I walked inside and went to the receptionist. "For Sam Golbach?" She asked and I nodded. "Room 217." She told me. A said a quick, "Thanks," then headed to the room that Sam was in.

Once I reached the room, I saw the doctor that talked to me two weeks ago. She had a clipboard out, along with a pen, while talking to Sam. I walked in and they looked at me.

"Hello, Colby." She smiled at me, and I smiled back. "Take a seat." She then said while pulling up a chair for me. I realized that I didn't know her name, so I looked at her name tag and it read, Dr. Ally Douglas

"Okay, so um Sam fractured two of his ribs on his left side, a small back injury, he had some internal bleeding, a grade 3 type of concussion, which is severe, his legs are temporarily paralyzed, and he has a brain injury." Dr. Douglas told me. I looked over at Sam who was looking down at his fingers while playing with them. I sighed then looked back at the doctor.

"How long will it take for his injuries to heal?" I asked. "It's a bit hard to say," she looked at her clipboard which probably has notes, "his concussion is almost gone, maybe another week or so it will be gone. But that's only if he is on bed rest. Sam isn't allowed to go outside or look at a screen." Dr. Douglas said and I nodded. "For his legs, a bit of physiotherapy will help him walk. Bring him here every other day," She then told me. "I was able to stop the bleeding, and the ribs are almost healed. Another month maybe and they should be fine. The back injury wasn't that bad to be completely honest. It's almost healed." She finished off.

"Okay... that's a lot..." I said while trying to register everything she said. "I know. If you need help with anything then you can just contact the hospital and someone will come, or just bring him here. Whatever is easier." Dr. Douglas smiled. "Oh! Um! Do you know how much of his memory he lost?" I asked a bit eagerly. "Maybe about 7-8 years ago." She shrugged. "I've known him for almost 10, so he should remember me. Shouldn't he?" I asked. "Well, you see, that was over 5 years ago, so in his mind, he thinks that he hasn't seen you, or talked to you in that amount of time. Does that make sense?" She told me and I nodded. "Good." 

We both stood up after talking through some things that I would need to do to help Sam.

"Hey, Sam. You ready to go home?" Dr. Douglas asked. "Yeah-h I gue-guess so." He shrugged. " Okay. We need to put you in a wheelchair." She then said while grabbing one from the corner of the room. "Colby, do you mind putting Sam in here?" The doctor asked. "Yeah. Of course." I went over to Sam and picked him up. I felt him wince in pain. "Sorry." I said as I placed him in the wheelchair. "It's fine-e." He responded. Dr. Douglas showed Sam how to use the wheelchair, as I watched. After she was done, she told Sam that he had to take these pills to help him with his brain damage. He has to take one per day.

"Okay, I think that's it," the doctor said, "You are free to leave." I nodded. "Thank you so much." I thanked her as I went behind Sam. "Anytime." 

We said our goodbyes, then I wheeled Sam out of the hospital, and to my car. I went to the passenger side and opened the door. I picked up Sam carefully and placed him in the seat. "Do you need help with your seat belt?" I asked and he nodded. I helped Sam with his seat belt then put his wheelchair in the back seats after folding it. I got into the driver's seat and started driving back home.

-------------

((I don't like this chapter))

930 words

UNEDITED