028❦

((Cole's POV))

Once I took over, I noticed that I was in the same position that Colby was in last. I had my arms wrapped around Sam's thin body, and his arms wrapped around mine.

I quickly moved so that I was sitting away from him a bit so that he wouldn't feel more scared than be already was.

"Wh-what d-do you- you want-t?" Sam asked, shaking. "I wanted to talk to you." I said. "About wh-what?" Sam stutterd. "Just listen. Okay?" I pleaded, and Sam nodded in response.

"Well... I wanted to say sorry. I'm sorry for everything I did to hurt you, and all of the mean things I've said. I never meant any of it." I paused for a second. "I can't help being mean; that's just my personality. No one can change that about me. Not even you, and you are the one person that has helped me change the most, even if you don't remember."

I saw Sam open his mouth, but then he closed it once he saw me look at him.

"The next thing I wanted to say, was that when I told you that I loved you I was being one hundred percent truthful. I love you, Sam, with all my heart, even though I know you don't feel the same. I love you so much that I even heard Colby admit to himself that my feelings for you are stronger than his. Now, I know that you are probably going to feel awkward around me when and if I come out, but I just had to let you know. If you don't want to talk to me anymore than I'm fine with that-" I saw Sam give me an 'are you sure about that?' type of look, "Okay, no, I'm not fine with it but I just don't want you to feel scared around me anymore. I feel awful because of all the pain that I have caused you. You don't know how much it broke my heart to see you upset. I did what I did to try and see if I could get you to love me the way I love you. Before your accident, you were fine with me hurting you so I thought that if I were to start hurting you again then you would fall for me. But this time, I felt bad because I could see how much I was damaging you. I didn't stop though because I like hurting other people. I'm basically like the devil!" I heard Sam laugh which brought a smile to my face.

I took a deep breath for what I was going to say next, because his answer would probably hurt me.

"So, Sam... I know what you're probably going to say, but I was wondering if we could just start over- like as friends? I can't live with you being afraid of me. I promise I won't do anything else to hurt you the way I did..." I asked him.

Sam was quiet for a few seconds which made me feel nervous. But then I heard him say, "Okay," with a small smile on his face, which brought an even bigger smile to mine.

"Thank you!" I said. I started to lean in for a hug, but then stopped and asked, "Can I hug you?" Sam nodded his head, "Yeah."

I hugged Sam, and I felt him hug back. When we pulled away, we definitely didn't pull away far enough. I could feel his breath on my face, and our noses were almost- if not, touching.

I didn't know what to do. I wanted to kiss him, but I also wasn't sure if I should. Sam doesn't like me the way I like him. I don't even know of he likes me as a friend that much.

I stopped my thought process once-

-------------

((Chlifhanger. You're welcome 😁❤️ What do you think is gonna happen? 🤭))

665 words

UNEDITED