035❦

((Sam's POV))

I slipped out of my little headspace a while ago. Right now, Cole and I were in the living room, watching a movie and eating popcorn.

While the movie was playing, I thought back to when I said that I loved Cole. I still don't know if I meant it in that way. All I know is that I like him as a friend. 'Maybe I'm just trying to deny the fact that I do like him more than a friend...' I shook off that thought, and put my attention back on the movie.

I went to reach into the popcorn bowl, then I felt the back of mine and Cole's hands brush together. I could feel my face redden. 'What is wrong with me?' I thought to myself. I took some popcorn, then ate it.

After a couple minutes, I heard Cole speak up. "Um... Sam? C-can I ask you something?" He asked. "Y-yeah?" I said with slight confusion. Cole took a deep breath. "So... you know when you said that you um... l-loved me?" He said. 'Oh sh*t. Here we go.' I nodded slowly. "Well... I uh- um... I was wondering if you actually meant it. Like in the way that I do..." Cole asked me.

I was silent for a few seconds, deciding on what to say. "I-I-I... I don't kn-know..." I eventually said. "Oh... okay..." Cole said, while sounding a bit disappointed.

There was soon an awkward tension between Cole and I. I didn't know what to say, or do right now. I feel like this is my fault because I'm the one that gave him the answer. That's when things started to get awkward.

Time slowly passed; it felt like hours. There was still awkwardness between us. Maybe some fresh air would be good to just take some of it off of my shoulders. I think that I might go for a swim.

"Hey-y, um, wanna go for a swim?" I asked Cole as I got off of the couch. "S-sure." He agreed. We both went upstairs, and into our own separate, rooms.

I put my swim trunks on. I was taking off my shirt, but then I saw all of my scars on my body, and started feeling insecure. I took off my shirt all the way, then put on my swim shirt.

When I walked out of my room, I saw that Cole was already heading towards the stairs. I followed him down, and outside to the pool. I decided to sit at the edge of the pool, with my feet in the water.

That wasn't a good idea though.

I didn't realize it at first, but Cole was right behind me. I only knew he was there because he picked me up and threw me into the pool, then jumped in after me.

"You're an a*shole." I laughed. "Thank you." Cole said as he bowed. "You're welcome." I copied what he did. We both chuckled. 

"Hey, why are you wearing a shirt?" Cole said as he took notice of my swim shirt, even though it was 120°F. "Um..." Was all I said. "Is it about your body?" Cole asked me and I nodded. "You know that I won't judge you, Sam. Right? You are safe with me." Cole said while he came closer to me. "Yeah..." I said while putting my head down. 

I heard movement in the water, then I felt fingers on my chin. Next thing I knew, was that I was face to face with Cole. "I'm being honest with you. I'm not forcing you to take it off. You can wear it if you're more comfortable with it, but just know you don't need to be shy around me." Cole said. I nodded and gave him a small smile. 

I saw Cole take a quick glance down at my lips. That's when I realized how close we were. I started getting butterflies in my stomach, and my heart was racing. He started leaning in so slowly, that I barely noticed. We were so close; his nose was almost touching mine.

"Can we?" Cole whispered. I almost nodded, but then I said, "Wouldn't this be considered cheating?" Cole shook his head. "No." He said. "Then yes." I agreed. I saw Cole smile, which made me smile. We both only had to lean in a bit more than a centimeter before our lips touched. 

As I was kissing Cole, it felt like time had stopped. All I could feel was my heart pounding in my chest, fireworks going off inside of me, and electricity flowing through our bodies. I forgot about everyone and everything that has happened to me.

In this moment... I finally understood my true feelings for Cole...

I loved him

-------------

((I love this chapter. It's cute. #sole 😏))

820 words

UNEDITED