fifty first chapter

giselle had to admit.

loaded diper had talent.

sure, they were a little loud for some people's liking but they had that charm and charisma when they played their music. it was quite magnetic and giselle loved to watch them play with so much energy and enthusiasm.

jerry began playing a new riff on his bass guitar, making giselle's eyes light up in surprise. it sounded so smooth that she couldn't hide how impressed she was.

"woah that's new," zara spoke up from where she sat comfortably on the couch next to giselle. they both decided to come watch loaded diper rehearse their set. it was giselle's first time whereas zara was used to coming often.

"thanks," jerry grinned. "it's from our new single." he winked, earning a glare from rodrick.

"new single?" zara questioned, looking at ben. "babe since when?"

"is this that new song you guys were bragging about on instagram a few weeks ago?" giselle pointed out, as she watched the three boys tense up as if they had just seen a ghost.

rodrick gulped, cluelessly looking down at his drumsticks while ben bit his lip nervously smiling at zara.

giselle turned to look at jerry for some information but all he had was another dumb look on his face. "what song?" he shrugged, not so slickly making his fellow band mates bury their face in failure.

"listen, new song or not, loaded diper's business is top secret always!" rodrick interrupted, trying to defend himself.

zara and giselle shook their heads, too unbothered to even argue with these boys. they were too complicated to deal with at times. "whatever you say, nerds." zara chuckled.

a soft knock came from the basement door as it opened up, revealing the younger heffley with a tired look on his face.

"gregsterrrrr," jerry sang, earning a distasteful look from greg.

"what are you doing here?" rodrick asked.

greg shrugged, "mom wanted me to check if bill was here."

"he couldn't come today, he was sick." rodrick explained.

ben laughed, shaking his head. "dude, your mom totally hates bill."

"who doesn't?" zara interrupted. "he's bringing down your game guys and he tries to control the band!"

giselle grinned, silently agreeing with zara. bill had given off the wrong vibes since that night he made them drive an hour across town to see him at a bar.

"listen babe, we need him." ben explained.

"no you don't," she retorted.

"ehem, what happened to loaded diper's business is always top secret!" rodrick reminded.

giselle rolled her eyes at him playfully. "you guys are still better without bill."

"you're supposed to be on my side, aoki." rodrick pouted.

"i am, but zar has a point."

there was a short silence in the basement, nothing but looks exchanged between all the teenagers inside.

"hey this was never my problem, i'm outta here." greg spoke up, breaking the silence as he walked out.

••••••
happy new year!!!!!!
may 2021 be an amazing year for you all :)

fun fact, it's my birthday today :)