thirty eighth chapter

rodrick groaned in annoyance as he placed his phone onto the marble counter top. he was currently in the kitchen, munching on random snacks and trying his hardest to beat one of the levels in a new game he had downloaded.

it was a distraction of some sort for the boy, something he felt he needed. his mind was practically fixed on giselle and where she was. he hadn't heard from her in a while and quite frankly, it scared rodrick.

did he do something wrong? was he making his feelings too obvious it embarrassed her? it made him anxious. the last thing he wanted was for history to repeat itself once more.

giselle was not heather hills.

and it was undeniably obvious that rodrick's feelings for giselle was nothing he'd ever felt before.

"what's with the mopping face hmm?" susan heffley spoke up, entering the kitchen with a bunch of grocery bags in her hands.

just great, rodrick thought. he loved his mother but what he didn't love, was her prying ways.

"nothing mom," he murmured, picking his phone up again.

but of course, susan being the way she was, continued on. "come on rodrick, i'm your mother."

"shocker," he snickered sarcastically.

"i know when something is bothering my children." she pointed out, turning towards him with her hands on her hip.

rodrick shrugged as he chuckled to himself, trying to make light of the situation. "nothing's bothering me though."

"oh but there is."

"no there isn't."

"and it's a girl." she continued, not listening to her son's input. "she's got you all worried."

"mom that isn't funny."

"and i'm gonna keep talking because this is the only time i'll get your attention." she sighed. "but for the love of god rodrick, this is your chance. you're a musician. write something, honey. explore your emotions."

now rodrick was paying attention, he was quite shocked that susan was actually making some sense.

"look at the great love songs, they all come from some type of feeling you know?" susan explained.

rodrick nodded, keeping silent as he listened to his mother's lecture on love and music.

susan sighed, "and i guess my last piece of advice is, do whatever you feel is right." she said, as she took out a juice box from the refrigerator. "i'm giving this to manny and i hope you take my words in carefully."

the moment his mother walked away, rodrick replayed her words in his head. actually taking the time to convey whatever it was she was trying to say.

giselle's silence came about after the few moments they had over the weekend. rodrick couldn't deny that there was something about the way he was with her.

could this be why she was so distant? was she not feeling the same?

the thoughts simmered in his head, there had to be an explanation for all of this. with one last final thought, rodrick grabbed his keys off the table and headed straight for the door.

"here goes nothing," he mumbled to himself.

____________

hey everyone! sorry for the delayed update 🥺 my network was down during the weekend so i couldn't update! but i'm back! and i promise to update every weekend!

hope you're all doing amazing!

COME MY WAY • RODRICK HEFFLEYOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara