twenty ninth chapter

"i've got sunshinee  on a cloudy day" giselle's earphones blasted softly, flooding her ears with the melodic sounds of 60's love songs.

she loved The Temptations and it filled her head with sweet memories of her grandparents dancing to this particular song, radiating off their pure love for one another.

there was just something about old love songs that knew how to fill her heart with joy. all she ever wanted was to have a special moment like the one she watched her grandparents have. her parents were a little different, they were reserved and hardly showed any affection to one another.

which was probably why giselle always felt awkward when it came to such matters that dealt with feelings and emotions.

she'd never been in a relationship nor had she properly liked someone. giselle made sure to stay far from it, after a horrible experience with one boy who thought she'd be too easy, considering she went to an all girls school.

but yet her mind was stuck on her day out with rodrick and perhaps that could explain why 60s love songs were at the top of her playlist all morning long.

she couldn't stop thinking of how thoughtful he'd been the entire time they spent together and each time she tried to push her thoughts of him away, they'd come running back after a few quiet moments.

"earth to giselle!" quinn exclaimed waving her hand over the girl's face, snapping her out of her daydreams.

giselle shook her head, trying to regain focus as she took her earphones off and stared back at her two best friends who were looking at her in a concerned manner.

"are you okay?" zara asked in a motherly tone. she'd always been the mom friend of the group.

"yeah of course, why do you ask?" she replied, flashing them a quick grin.

quinn furrowed her brows as she shrugged her shoulders. "i don't know, you've just been staring into nothing for at least thirty minutes."

"maybe i was just thinking," giselle shrugged.

zara cocked a brow at her best friend, "of what hmm?"

"of.." giselle stammered, trying to think of something less suspicious to say. "food.."

"sure you were," quinn chuckled. "and here i thought it'd be zara constantly daydreaming about ben." she laughed, earning a cold glare from zara.

"you think you're so funny!" she retorted as felt herself blush at quinn's accusations. "that is so not true!"

"the silly grin on your face says otherwise, zar .." giselle chuckled as she watched zara bury her face in embarrassment.

they were currently in the school courtyard which was where they spent most of their lunch periods. all they ever did was talk and laugh about the silliest things you could ever imagine.

st. mary's prep's courtyard was by far the prettiest place in the entire school, it was in the middle of the school grounds and was surrounded by the pillar's of the academics building. it was green all over with vines growing around the stone pillars, zara once mentioned it felt like being in aphrodite's garden.

you could pretty much see almost everyone around this area during times like lunch break or free period, it was in the middle of the busy hallways and the sound of laughter and chatters filled the air all day.

"god," quinn groaned, rolling her eyes.

"what?"

"out of everyone that left st. mary's last year," she explained, staring daggers at a particular someone walking into the school courtyard. "heather hills just had to stay."

"are you serious? i thought she left, she wasn't in school for like a week." zara mentioned.

she and giselle turn towards where quinn was looking and right before them was the infamous heather hills. the most popular girl in the whole of st. mary's prep, she practically ran the place and made sure everyone knew it was her kingdom. if there was anyone the girls didn't like, it was her.

heather hills walked like she owned the place with her fair features, bright eyes and blonde hair. she wouldn't be complete without  her two lap dogs, sherry and cynthia, who were nothing but mere accessories to her.

she was not the most like able person on earth, and she'd made sure to make it clear to everyone that she was better than them.

that became obvious to the girls when they were in the ninth grade and quinn first came to st. mary's prep, whereby she cluelessly tried to be-friend heather at the time, only to find out she'd gone and spread lies that quinn was insanely obsessed with her. she'd become the laughing stock of the school and as much as that time brought a lot of hurt on quinn's part, it made her meet zara and giselle who became her most trusted friends and more than clearly, revealed heather's true colors.

"isn't that just great?" zara scoffed, "i heard her sister left..thought she'd have went too."

"she just couldn't," quinn groaned once more, "she used this opportunity to brag about home schooling in switzerland!"

"yeah totally," giselle agreed, "as if missing school for a week is so cool!" she joined in, earning weird looks from her two best friends.

"really?" zara questioned, stifling out a giggle at giselle's horrible attempt at trash talking.

"sorry," she murmured, putting her head down.

quinn laughed wrapping her arms around giselle. "you're too cute, gigi."

"so what are our plans this weekend girls!" zara exclaimed, changing the topic. "i feel like we haven't hung out in a while and i miss you guys!"

"well you're the one who's been busy with mr. ben the great!" quinn teased, earning a laugh from giselle.

zara rolled her eyes playfully before replying, "oh whatever! he'll be fine without me for a while!" she said, "and don't act like you and cora haven't been hitting it off."

"oh shush! i won't say anything until i'm sure it's really been going well," quinn chuckled.

giselle shook her head at her two friends, she really did love them with all of her heart.

"honestly, i'm just down to do anything with you guys." she smiled.

she felt her phone vibrate in her hand, causing her to look down to check her new notification quickly.

rodrickdrums
hey, i hope you have a great day :)

and once again, another surge of happiness had hit giselle like a ton of bricks.