sixty fourth chapter

"coming through!" rowley jefferson's high pitched voice sang through the room, as he entered the lobby of the plainview's local theatre carrying a box that was quite obviously too big for his tiny arms to handle.

giselle's senses kicked in instantly as she immediately rushed to the poor boy's aid before he could topple over. "i got it!" she exclaimed, as they both carried it towards the reception desk.

"geez rowley, why'd you carry it all by yourself?" giselle huffed in relief as they placed on top of the desk.

rowley shrugged, scratching his head cluelessly. "i thought i could do it."

giselle chuckled shaking her head at the boy, before plopping onto one of the sofas. "aren't you rehearsing for tonight?" she asked.

"yeah but i just wanted to help out."

giselle chuckled, "go and rehearse rowley."

it was finally the night of the talent show and the community service center was more than busy trying to organize the entire event into place. giselle was exhausted from coming back and forth to make sure the decorations and props needed by the performers were all set, as well as making sure the ticket booth was prepped for the night. it was going to be her main priority.

"uh gigi?" she heard rowley's voice speak up again. he sounded confused as if there was something weird right in front of him.

and when giselle turned around to face the young boy, there was something or more appropriately someone weird standing right in front of her and rowley.

marcus baker stood there smugly with a smile on his face and a bouquet of flowers in his hands. giselle looked at him confused, she couldn't even make out what rowley was saying to him until the young boy pointed at her once more and marcus began to walk towards her direction.

"hey," marcus smiled.

giselle swears she was dreaming, there was no way this was actually happening in front of her. she stared back at marcus, trying her best to not show any sense of expression in her face.

"i know," marcus sighed. "i'm an idiot for coming here but i—"

"—what exactly are you doing here?" giselle interrupted.

"apologising." he let out, like it was weight he was carrying on his shoulders. "because of what i did to you last summer." marcus shrugged, "i knew it was wrong and i should've known better."

giselle kept quiet, taking in the boy in front of her with his stupid smug look and the unnecessary flowers he didn't need to bring her. the amount of hurt she endured after he humiliated her and here he was standing in front of her to apologise? she felt the anger boiling inside of her veins and it didn't help that she was already stressed from the talent show.

"marcus get out of my sight," she stated, hardly believing how stern her voice sounded. even rowley looked shocked to hear giselle speak with such a tone.

"giselle come on, it was so long ago-"

"i don't care if it was long ago marcus," giselle spoke up. "you're an asshole and not even pretty flowers will hide that truth."

marcus sighed, "fair enough i'm an asshole. i want to take you out to the dance and i'm the asshole."

"you're here to take me to the dance? are you that daft? giselle scoffed, "i would never say yes. so get out of my sight."

"giselle you're making a big mis—"

"she said get out of her sight." rowley spoke up, with a serious look on his face.

"excuse me?"

rowley gulped trying his best to look calm. "when a lady tells you to leave her alone, she means leave her alone." he explained, balling his fists nervously. he was praying marcus didn't try anything on him.

"marcus i don't have time to hear what you have to say. i have a talent show to organise." giselle spat, walking towards rowley and grabbing his hand to pull him away before marcus lost his temper at the poor boy.

the moment they had reached the hallway of the auditorium, giselle hugged the boy and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "thank you, rowley."

••••••••••••••••••••
hey guys! i hope you're all okay :))
i'm really sorry it took me a while to update
i've just been feeling shut about my writing
i hope y'all liked this chapter and i'm sorry if it was bad😭😭😭