sixty third chapter

rodrickdrums draft posts

rodrickdrums: that one time you let me use ur camera

rodrickdrums: that one time you let me use ur camera. nice fake ciggie, u wannabe artsy kid.
disclaimer: the cigarette was for her art project. cuz i made it 💀

rodrick found himself staring at this photo longer than usual; as he remembered how happy he was that day he got to spend with giselle.

this was their usual dynamic. he had become her getaway car to take photos and he loved going with her everywhere. it was weird knowing how much time he wanted to spend with her. he didn't know whether it was a good or bad thing to be clingy, but in a way it's made him miss her presence even more.

he was a piece of shit, moping all day like an idiot instead of thinking on how to apologise. he knew giselle was busy when rowley came to visit greg a few days ago and he eavesdropped in their conversation. she'd been working on both the talent show and the dance which wasn't that far away anymore.

did she think about him? probably not, rodrick thought. he knew his chances with her were slim from the start and now he's gone and ruined it.

he threw his phone onto the couch as he took a deep breath and stared at the instruments in his basement. they've been untouched for weeks and quite frankly, rodrick missed being in loaded diper more than anything.

his drum-kits looked dead without him behind it, hell the whole room looked dead even though it was filled with loaded diper's equipment and those things appeared messier than they seemed. 

rodrick sighed, about to approach the drum set until a knock coming from the basement window well distracted him. his brows furrowed in confusion as he moved closer towards the window to see who was knocking at him. 

only to realize, it was none other than ben smiling cheekily. 

rodrick chuckled, opening up the window to see what his best friend could possibly want. 

"missed me?" ben teased. 

"slightly," rodrick shrugged. "mom not let you in?"

"she knows i'm up to no good so yeah," ben answered. "luckily, she didn't watch me come to the back."

"what are you even doing here man?" he questioned. 

ben scoffed, rolling his eyes at his best friend. "i came to check up on ya, it's been hectic so apologies for not coming earlier."

"it's all good."

there was a slight silence between the two, rodrick began to ponder why ben was not saying another word to carry their conversation on. instead he just gave rodrick a look of complete disbelief.

"you actual piece of shit," ben scoffed as he laughed at himself. "you're not even gonna say sorry?"

rodrick stared back at the boy like he was stupid. "sorry for what?"

"oh i don't know," ben teased, "being an asshole! to me? and you know who else.."

of course, rodrick thought. he is a piece of shit, he'd almost forgotten what his actual situation was like. "i'm a selfish prick...and i'm sorry."

"wow," ben grinned. "now do you see how easy that is? let's go right now and you say sorry to gigi."

"are you out of your mind?"

"what!"

"i can't just say sorry like that! i practically told her to fuck off in the heat of the moment!" rodrick pointed out. "saying sorry after i did that to someone who took a while to warm up to me is the absolute dumbest thing I could possibly do."

ben stayed silent, a bit taken back by rodrick's response. "shit, you're right." 

"of course i'm right." 

"well then, why'd you tell her that? cause last time i talked to her she was just confused. i mean i have a feeling this is about he-"

"--heather." rodrick finished, "yes, it is about her."

"oh come on? you really think giselle would that to you?"

"i was scared okay? i panicked, i was upset about the talent show, i was thinking all night about how much of a fucking loser i am!" rodrick exclaimed, "if you saw the way giselle's mom looked at me you'd understand. i am not good enough for her daughter and i don't need to be the laughing stock of this town once more." 

rodrick felt a weight off his shoulders as he released everything he was feeling inside. it was as if he could finally breathe as he let his own words simmer in his mind. 

"so that's it then? you give up, you're gonna let the one girl who actually sees you for who you really are go?"

rodrick remained silent for a few seconds, his words still cooling into his mind. he knew in his heart what the answer was. he'd always known from the start.

he looked back up at ben, "of course not, which is why i'm gonna need your help."