thirty fifth chapter

the next morning giselle had woken up pretty early, much to her dismay, she was still exhausted from last night and the lack of sleep was definitely going to take a toll on her.

she was expected to be seen at church today by her mother and as much as she could've just ditched and continued sleeping, the lecture when she got home was not going to be worth it.

lucky enough for her, quinn was allowing her to raid her closet again for a sunday outfit so at least something good's coming out of it. both zara and quinn were still fast asleep on the bed, there's no denying they'll wake up pretty late today. oh how giselle envied them.

after taking a quick shower and brushing her teeth with the spare toothbrush she had kept here for emergency sleepovers like this one, giselle rummaged through quinn's wardrobe finally picking a pretty pastel pink sundress that ended right below her knees. it was loose towards the bottom but a little tight on top. she picked out a short woolen beige cardigan to pair it with and her brown wedges.

after she was done, she kissed both her friends' forehead before walking out the room. quinn's mother was also passed out cold considering she worked a night shift. it seems like everyone was going to get a good night's sleep except for giselle.

the walk to church wasn't long, for someone who didn't even attend mass, quinn's house was pretty close to it.

plus, giselle was glad she got to walk and really take up her surroundings. the air was warm and there were slight breezes brushing past her, the sun was shining brightly and it seemed like a perfect day.

considering the party was just last night, she knew she wouldn't be seeing the heffley boys either. her new found friendships with the brothers made her happy, greg was hilarious and well rodrick was rodrick. they had a moment last night for sure, giselle couldn't deny that.

she could still remember the way her heart was racing so fast, it didn't even feel real. in fact whenever she remembered the way rodrick looked like, his brown mess of a hair, the goofy grin permanently etched onto his face and the way he constantly babbled. the girl couldn't help but blush.

there was just something about him and the way he was that really got to her.

the truth was inevitable. giselle was developing a crush on the rocker boy.

she sighed to herself, feeling her phone buzz as she picked it up.

unknown number
hey it's rodrick
i'm in a pickle

speak of the devil, giselle thought to herself. she knew the more they'd talk and interact, the more her feelings would blossom and that scared her. emotions and lovey dovey stuff they never mixed well.

and quite frankly, giselle didn't know if she wanted to be caught up in it.

what's up roderickoo

yet here she was replying either way.

unknown number
sent a photo

unknown numbersent a photo