twenty sixth chapter

"here we are," rodrick pointed out, as he shut off the engine of his van.

giselle chuckled noticing they were just at a random parking lot, the ride was a good 30 minutes that consisted of them singing along to a lot of 80s rock music and bickering over who gets the next song pick. she was just glad that they were starting to bond in a way.

"and before you say anything," rodrick spoke up once more pointing his finger up in the air, giselle rolling her eyes playfully at him. "we're not technically there yet,"

"are you serious?" she chuckled, strapping on her camera bag as they both walked out of the vehicle.

"i'm sorry!" he laughed.

it was a tad windy outside and thankfully, the sun had showed up once again bringing in some pretty good lighting for the photos.

"well then show me the way captain," giselle giggled as she ushered rodrick to lead them to wherever they were supposed to be.

he furrowed his brows at her, "i thought you were the captain."

"today we'll both be captains," she grinned while rodrick nodded in reply.

"sounds pretty fair," he said, his face perking up as if he forgot something as he turned back to the van opening it up.

giselle watched him, curious to see what he was taking out in such a rush when a wooden basket came to her sight, making her look at the boy questioningly. "what's all this for?" she asked, a slight smile forming on her face.

rodrick sighed, pausing for a few before speaking up. "well..my mom knew we were coming out here..after constant questions..and  well, she thought we'd get hungry.." he explained, his tone coming off rather shy.

giselle smiled at him reassuringly, "that's thoughtful of her," she said, checking what was inside. it seemed to be sandwiches wrapped in triangular tinfoils, two bottles of water and two juice boxes. "i love this already."

he smiled back at her, grateful that she wasn't weirded out.
•••••••••••••••••••••

rodrick had to admit, he was a little proud upon seeing giselle's reaction when they finally arrived at their destination. he couldn't help but smile at the sight of seeing her eyes practically light up and her mouth slightly drop in surprise of what she was seeing right in front of her.

he wasn't so sure if she'd like the place but judging by her reaction, it seems his assumptions were wrong. after a short ten minute walk from the parking lot, they had reached the abandoned motel fixated right by the deserted road.

the motel's once bright sign of pastel blue had began to fade and the big letters spelling out the motel's name was missing a few light bulbs inside it. plants had began to grow around the building, blending in with the once stand alone motel making it look a little mossy but nevertheless it was perfect in giselle's eyes.

it pretty much felt like a ghost town in this part of plainview and rodrick thought it'd be perfect for giselle's photos, considering she seemed to like the whole quiet scenery.

"what do you think?" he had spoken up after a brief moment of silence.

giselle clutched onto her camera bag as if it were a stuffed animal, still wearing her bright smile on her face. "what do i think?" she repeated, her tone sounding a bit ecstatic.

rodrick waited for her answer and much to his surprise, she turned back to face him and leaped up to envelop him in one of the biggest hugs he's ever received in his life. he was shock to say the least, but soon enough found himself wrapping his arms around her trying his best not to drop the basket.