sixty first chapter

as part of his never ending punishments, the loaded diper van had now become susan's supermarket mobile. the only excuse rodrick had to go outside for new scenery was when his mother sent him to go buy groceries.

it wasn't exciting but at least it was a start.

"aubergine? what the hell is that?" he murmured, just adding some random vegetable into his cart and hoping it was whatever an aubergine was.

greg and rodrick still weren't on speaking term, although they had spoken about the song rodrick had written for giselle. it was still rather awkward between the two so they just avoided each other when necessary.

"zu-chi-ni?" rodrick read out, still utterly confused as he pushed the shopping cart. "alright fuck it, i'm just going to pretend there wasn't any zuch-" his personal monologue was cut off when he heard a familiar voice.

"i don't know what to think zara,"

it made his insides turn and the boy found himself slowing down to think. he knew that voice anywhere. he backed up into his aisle, starting to panic as he wondered what to do.

should he approach her and apologise? and say he didn't mean it and that he wanted her friendship back more than anything. rodrick knew he sounded desperate but at this point he didn't care.

"gi, you should tal-" he heard zara's voice cut in.

"—i can't zara, i just can't." she sighed. "it's not fair, i shouldn't have to feel like this."

"i know baby, i know."

"i'm just so confused, one minute he was there for me and before i even knew it he pushed me away."

rodrick couldn't interrupt now. what's done was done. he had to wake up and realise that his sorry words aren't going to fix anything. he needed to show her that he was sorry.

it'd be better that way.

•••••••••••••••••••
this was fucking horrible. god i'm sorry.

😭😭😭