seventieth chapter

rodrick's pov

i don't how it happened exactly, but the moment the song ended, i didn't expect seeing the crowd so invested in our performance.

we heard cheering all throughout the gymnasium, it felt absolutely great. i couldn't stop smiling knowing not only was the performance good but to see giselle in the crowd looking directly at me.

god she blew my breath away. i couldn't keep my eyes off her, despite everyone else cheering so loud and moving around.

i jumped off the stage, my heart starting to raise a bit more as i made my way to wear giselle stood. people started moving out of the way, making room for me as i walked past them, knowing exactly where i wanted to go.

giselle grinned, hiding shy next to zara and at this point i didnt care who else was around. she was the only person i wanted to see this entire night.

"hi," i let out, as if it was a word i was dying to say.

she smiled at me, "hey." she chuckled. "i like your song."

"did you now?"

she nodded enthusiastically. "yes, it's ironic you perform it now. i thought you said we aren't friends." she shrugged, teasingly hinting at our falling out at the nursing home.

i lowered my head, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. "god." i cringed, as i looked back up at her face. "i was so stupid."

"you are," she agreed.

"i didn't mean it."

"of course you didn't."

"and i'm so sorry—" i felt myself get cut off at the sight of rowley and greg running across the entryway of the gymnasium followed by the actual band hired to perform.

my eyes almost popped out of its sockets, realising what was happening.

"shit!" i exclaimed.

"rodrick! run!" i heard ben yell from behind me. i turn around quickly and saw both ben and jerry running off the stage where security was already prepping to catch them.

my heart was now beating out of my chest.

"fuck! i'm sorry!" i apologised to giselle who looked at me all confused.

i made a run for it, catching a glimpse of one of the security guards that was chasing after me specifically. the rest of the people at the dance looked absolutely taken aback at what was going on, and all i could see was quinn trying to distract the sisters from trying to catch jerry who tripped over some wires.

my ears were ringing as i made my way back to the back side of the gymnasium. i caught ahold of greg by the door and we both made a run for it.

god, the adrenaline was rushing through my veins like crazy and i couldn't help but laugh at the situation i put myself in.

ben ran out from another exit practically begging for air, carrying jerry in his arms bridal style. "open the van! they're coming!" he exclaimed while i fumbled for the keys. soon enough, rowley came running out too also out of breath.

i really am the biggest idiot. i finally had the opportunity to talk to giselle and i get myself chased by her school's security.

i finally got the doors open and i got in the drivers seat.

"drive dickhead!"

giselle pov's

the dance was an absolute mess at this point and i wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. i push past the crowd of people that the sisters were trying to calm down trying to look for zara or quinn.