thirty third chapter

rodrick was well aware the chances of throwing a last minute party were slim, especially for someone who wasn't exactly the most popular person in plainview high

rodrick was well aware the chances of throwing a last minute party were slim, especially for someone who wasn't exactly the most popular person in plainview high. he wasn't a jock or the school's IT boy for that matter so it was a bold move on both him and ben.

it's not like loaded diper didn't get any buzz, they did a few gigs here and there were people were pretty hyped about their music, but it still didn't exactly buy them much street cred. they were painted as the rockstar wannabe's of the school, and if being the high school outcast was the role rodrick had to play, then all shall prevail in the name of his rockstar biography.

the party was calm at the moment, people scattered themselves around the living room, having their own private conversations. the music being played from the sound system being the only ecstatic thing pervading the area.

some people were outside, playing beer pong on the yard or skating down their front porch steps to keep themselves entertained. and that was the only interesting thing happening. rodrick couldnt really tell if the party was a bust or not. i mean the night had only just begun.

he was rather preoccupied in his own thoughts either way and quite frankly, he'd began to feel a little nervous knowing that ben had invited zara, meaning giselle was coming tonight.

was he an idiot for not asking her himself? yes. rodrick thought to himself, he wished he could just push his fears aside and act normal with the girl he liked..but his overthinking always got the best of him.

"dude are you cool?" ben questioned, noticing the way rodrick was rubbing his hands together nervously.

"uh yah!" he scoffed, trying his best to look calm and collected.

"okay then," ben said, putting down his red solo cup and checking his phone for a quick second. "i'm gonna check if zara's made it."

rodrick nodded his head, gulping down his nervous feelings. "okay, sure..you go do that." he stifled out, as he watched ben stride his way to the kitchen where a bunch of people were chilling, in hopes of bumping into zara.

he needed to calm down if he wanted to make sure to not make a fool out of himself in front of giselle. she was technically his friend at this point and they'd been talking non stop for the past week.  rodrick had never felt more proud that he was able to really bond with her for the short time they've began speaking to each other.

she was awesome to him in every conceivable way and being able to talk to her had become the highlight of his days.

i mean here he was in a party filled with a lot of beautiful girls and yet his mind was stuck on one, who wasn't even in sight.

until something else had distracted his mind, a head of red hair had appeared its way by the entrance of the party instantly alerting rodrick's instincts. he knew greg all too well, every single trick and move up his sleeve, so the sudden of appearance of rowley jefferson at the party wasn't a shock to the older heffley boy. he knew he had arrived to greg's rescue, but simply not on rodrick's watch.