forty first chapter

"are you serious man." rodrick grimaced, his face scrunched up in disgust.

jerry had been holding onto his bladder ever since they randomly picked him up by the street. he was confused at being viciously dragged into a van, but the moment he saw the familiar loaded diper logo, he had felt a bit eased.

ben, who was the driver, was extremely eager to reach buckie's in time for the performance and refused for any pit stops, resulting into poor jerry needing to tinkle real bad.

and now here they were, waiting for the boy who was hunched by a random bush, an hour away from plainview city.

buckie's glowed in neon lights right next to the bush where jerry was sprinkling his water. rodrick was praying that security wouldn't catch them. the last thing they needed was to get kicked out.

the air was crisp in the outskirts of plainview, it was night time now and was a little dark out. nothing but the street lights and the glowing signs of buckie's bar, illuminating the night sky.

the  six teenagers stood by the semi-deserted parking lot, waiting on their friend who was trying very hard to release their stress. giselle nestled into the warmth of her sweater, feeling much colder than usual as she leaned onto the hood of the loaded diper van with rodrick standing closely next to her.

"are you nervous?" she asked, looking up at him. she only ever realized how much taller he was when they stood close to one another.

rodrick shrugged, "yeah, a bit. i'm trying my best not to let the nerves get to me." he sighed.

"i'm sure it'll be fin—"

"—can you hurry up!" quinn grumbled, capturing everyone's attention with her hand on her hip and a sassy look plastered on her face. "you do know they have bathrooms inside, you dingus."

"quinn!" giselle retorted, smacking her friend lightly on the shoulder and shooting her a scolding look.

"what!"

jerry shushed her in response, "shut up, i'm concentrating and all you're doing is making me nervous."

ben sighed, rubbing his forehead. "oh for the love of god, we'll meet you inside!" he called, putting his arm around zara.

"i'll wait out here, someone's gotta make sure he actually doesn't get caught." zara sighed

"please don't get caught, jerry. please." rodrick pleaded before walking into buckie's with the rest of the group.

buckie's was a place giselle had never found herself in before. it was packed, people surrounding each and every corner with either a beer or solo cup in their hands. you could hear the sound of rock music blaring loudly through the speakers, overlapping with the chattering sound of conversations occurring inside the bar.

the walls were decorated with photographs of different notable people that had stopped by the place. there was an autographed baseball jersey of a famous player and a shocking photo of kim and kourtney kardashian visiting the bar next to it, looking like how they did during their early reality tv show days. giselle was surprised that they even knew were plainview was.

"hey are you okay?" rodrick's voice rung through her ears, snapping her out of her thoughts.

giselle gave him a small smile to indicate that she was fine. she wasn't used to being in a bar like this, it was new to her.

"are you sure?" rodrick asked once more, "cause if you wan—"

giselle chuckled, placing her hand on his sides to reassure him. "rodrick i am fine, don't worry."