thirty fourth chapter

long chapter ahead!

the party was packed, which was unusual considering it wasn't as hyped as giselle expected it to be. so it wasn't much of a struggle to navigate her way around the house, trying to listen to rowley's instructions through the phone.

she was currently passing by a hallway where a few family photos of the heffley's hung on the walls, rodrick looking a lot younger than he is. she smiled as she passed by them, still trying to intently listen to rowley's directions which was a bit difficult considering the music was a little loud for her liking.

giselle was sure at this point, she'd lost zara and quinn, who probably went straight to wherever ben was. she didn't mind, in fact she was delighted, because this meant it'd save her time from seeing rodrick anytime soon.

finally, giselle had reached the plain white door rowley was describing. she knocked twice for a reaction, just to make sure it was the right door, and judging by the banging she received in reply. this was most definitely it.

she twisted the knob open and the two boys busted out as if they'd been trapped in a tower for decades. rowley beamed at the sight of giselle, trapping her into a bone crushing embrace. "you're my savior!" he exclaimed, earning a chuckle in response from giselle.

she patted his shoulder in reassurance, only now noticing the other boy stood next to rowley, who had similar features as rodrick when it came to his hair and eyes. he stood timidly already glancing at giselle nervously, she took notice that it was the famous greg heffley.

"you're welcome boys," she grinned. "go ahead and enjoy the party."

"so you're giselle?" greg questioned, catching her by surprise.

theyd never really formally met before. "yes, i am her." she chuckled.

greg looked at giselle as if he had most definitely heard about her before, it made giselle feel a little worried.. "well it's finally nice to meet you." he smiled.

••••••••¥•••••••••••••••

rodrick still stood at the same spot in the living room, ben had ditched him the moment he spotted zara arrive with quinn. giselle was nowhere to be seen and he had started to think that maybe she didn't show up.

he looked down at his phone that showed off his last reply to giselle's instagram message.

maybe i'll see you tonight?

but it remained on delivered for hours and he never got a definite answer. he sighed to himself, as he put his phone back into his pocket. jerry was keeping him company for now but he wasn't exactly the most interesting person to be around.

"dude you've been checking your phone for hours," jerry snickered, taking a sip from his cup. "scared your mommy's gonna catch ya."

rodrick rolled his eyes at the boy, glancing at the fake earring dangling from his ear. "steal your grandma's jewelry again, jer?" he retorted back.

"hurtful." jerry commented, dramatically putting a hand to his chest. "so who's the girl alright?" he asked, taking rodrick by surprise.

"what girl?" he pretended trying to act dumb. there was no way in hell is he going to let jerry embarrass him if giselle did show up.

"oh come on, you've been anxious the whole night ."

"don't know what you're talkin' bout." rodrick replies bluntly.

"oh my god. is it heather hills again?" he questioned, in disbelief causing rodrick to groan out loud in annoyance.

"dude seriously? just shut up! god!" he grumbled.