tenth chapter

"remind me how this happened to you again?" giselle's father spoke up from his study.

the young girl looked up from her laptop, quite surprised at the sudden mention of her nose. she thought it'd be old news by now, plus it was healing faster than she thought it would.

it was late in the afternoon and giselle was trying to finish up one of her latest assignments for history. it was a paper due by monday but she wanted to make sure it was out of her way as soon as possible.

"uh...," she stammered, trying to find the right words to say. "roller skating papa? remember? i was with quinn and zara then i fell by accident." she chuckled, trying to make light of the situation.

giselle wasn't technically lying, she did fall from rodrick bumping into her. she just didn't want the numerous questions from her parents about her whereabouts to arise once more, she knew they were bound to somewhat use it against her one day.

"see, what happens with roller skating? you could've been at the recital with your mother and i." he explained, with his usual condescending tone.

she loved her father, he was great at times but moments like this made giselle wish that he'd lighten up a bit more. "come on papa, it was my last night of the summer."

"i know gigi, but i just want you to be careful." he reminded her. she's heard this countless times from him before, giselle knew he always meant well.

"i am papa, do not worry for me." she replied, focusing back on her laptop in hopes that the conversation had finally died.

it was tiring to say the least to deal with her strict parents but giselle had gotten so used to it. it was starting to feel normal. she sighed, grabbing her phone from the coffee table to see if she'd received anything.

imessage,
charlie's angelzzz

zar🌞: so i heard from a lil birdie u bumped into your man

quinnie👑: it's love

23 mins ago

omg r u guys serious🙄

zar🌞:very serious! seems like the universe wants it to happen

quinnie👑 : ouff, would ya look at that 👀
2 times now? 👀👀
👀👀👀👀

zar🌞:RIGHTTT!!!!
don't you dare mention the nose thing bitch
that was no accident
that was a sign

hOWWW?? i almost broke it!!

zar🌞: but you didn't 😏

quinnie👑: c'mon gigi, he's a drummer!!!
sure he looks a lil dorky with the eyeliner
but a drummer

wauw thanks quinn i'm whipped 🙄 thanks for that 🙄

quinnie👑: ur welcome 😘

zar🌞: HAHAHAHA
just follow him back ya weirdo
he did say sorry now did he?
and u don't like him so it wouldn't be a big deal , riiiiiight?😊

quinnie👑: shes got a point there gigi😎

i hate you guys 😡😡😡😡
but like u said, i don't like him!!!!!
so idc i'll do what i want

zar🌞: atta girl 😜
🤮🤮🤮

quinnie👑: wait a sec——
who's the lil birdie zar? 🤨

and i oop—💀💀

zar🌞: very funny hoes, laterzzzz

quinnie👑: you don't answer but i'll find out hmmmm

oh dear 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

as the conversation finally ended, giselle couldn't help but think of today and how rodrick had managed to embarrass himself in front of her. i mean, did it make them even? not quite in her mind since all he did was get honked at. she did find it incredibly funny and for some reason, giselle couldn't stop thinking about that encounter. his horrified expression upon hearing the car honk made her laugh every time it pops into her mind. maybe it was zara and quinn's influence for always teasing her about rodrick and that's why it's become so normal to think about him, either way giselle didn't feel like touching on it.

with a sigh of defeat, she clicked on rodrick's page and pressed the follow button. might as well just let it pass, it wasn't like anything was going on between them...