sixty eighth chapter

giselle's pov

"you said we'd never make it but just look at us tonight!"

i was ecstatic just watching the band do their thing on stage. no matter how loud or rowdy they were and even though the crowd wasn't that hyped to hear their performance. i had never felt more proud to see the boys showcase what they got.

rodrick looked so happy to be on the drums and the smile on his face practically said it all. it was nice to see him look a bit more like himself. i missed him and i missed being around him.

the spotlight turned away from ben who was the lead singer and pointed towards a figure nearby the backstage curtains. i squinted my eyes trying to get a closer look, only to realise it was mrs. heffley dancing and she sure was attracting the crowd's attention.

i covered my mouth in shock and began to laugh at how funny this scene was in front of me. this was iconic. what's even funnier is the boys had no clue.

"oh my god, isn't that rodrick heffley's band?" stacey pointed out.

heather looked closely and snickered. "yeah and they're singing about diapers? pathetic."

"totally. this is so embarrassing for him."

heather chuckled, shaking her head. "well what do you expect? he is embarrassing and has the brain of what? like a 3 year old"

"do you remember when he was in love with you?" stacey laughed, holding onto heather to control her laughter. she didn't look too pleased by this. "now that was embarrassing."

heather scoffed, pushing her hand off her shoulder. "don't be ridiculous. it was such a joke. god i'm glad the whole homecoming stunt helped me get rid of him."

i froze hearing everything that was coming out of their mouths. i knew how heartless heather hills actually was, ever since that day she outed quinn to the whole school. she didn't care how she'd hurt people, all that mattered to heather was herself and as long as she looked good nothing else would get in her way. but i couldn't stand for it any longer.

"you're pathetic," i spoke up, loud enough for the two girls to hear. i froze, releasing what i had just started but there was no turning back now.

i composed myself together and stepped out of the row i was sitting in. be cool, gi i thought to myself. you got this under control.

heather turned towards me instantly and scoffed when she realised who was speaking to her. "oh god, aoki? seriously?"

"you are pathetic, heather." i repeated, looking directly at her this time.

"aww? are you actually mad?" heather said, condescendingly. "oh stacey, she's mad."

"she's pissed because she's dating rodrick heffley," stacey giggled, causing me to flinch. "aww giselle finally got a boy to notice her? so cute."

i bit onto my tongue trying to stop myself from showing any type of emotion. i couldn't let them know how much those words stung.

"after marcus who thought she'd have it in her?" heather chuckled.

don't let them get to you, i thought to myself. they didn't deserve the satisfaction of seeing me angry or bothered. they weren't worth my time.

"you know what heather?" i smiled, confidently. "you are absolutely right. who would have thought?" i emphasised her point.

heather looked at me with a confused expression on her face but i continued on.

"who would have thought that quiet little aoki finally had the guts to tell heather hills that she is the most pathetic human being she's ever met?" i chuckled. "god not me!"