sixty sixth chapter

warning unedited! sorry!

giselle's pov

i remained fixated on the stack of tickets i was giving out

i remained fixated on the stack of tickets i was giving out. it was the least i could do to keep me distracted. today had already started off weirdly with marcus showing up and asking me to the dance? what was in the air this evening and why was it sending me bad luck.

i forced a smile when a family approached the tickets booth and i handed them their tickets. my mouth was beginning to hurt with all this smiling i had to be doing, but anything for this talent show to go well.

zara was performing tonight and i knew how important it was for her performance to go well. i always believed in her and i was more than sure that she was going to be exceptional.

"giselle!" a voice called out to me, prompting me to look away from the stack of tickets in my hands.

my eyes met with none other than ramona, the chairperson of the community service center, she was practically the mastermind behind all these events and everyone working on it had to report to her about anything.

she was a chill woman and she always made sure to make every volunteer feel comfortable, unless you cross her of course. she walked up to me, a distressed expression on her face as she took some time to take a couple of breaths to herself.

i stared at her in a concerned manner. "are you alright, ramona?"

she smiled through her gritted teeth. "perfectly fine, isn't it obvious?"

i chuckled, patting her shoulder in comfort. "oh absolutely." i teased. "you need an extra hand?" i asked, hoping to reduce the stress she was feeling.

her face looked relived to hear those words, she instantly sat down on the chair beside mine. it belonged to lindsey, a new volunteer, but she got sick and had to leave in the middle of everyone coming in. how fortunate, right?

"you're a darling, gigi." she smiled. "if you don't mind, i'll take over the tickets booth. you go on backstage and make sure the performers are ready."

oh thank god, i thought to myself. i'd been dying to go backstage and say hi to my friends. i haven't seen them since they all arrived and i was curious to know how the atmosphere felt backstage.

"you got it, ramona!" i exclaimed, rushing to the stages.

"come back here when the programme starts!" she yelled, as i made my way.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

rodrick's pov

i entered the auditorium and there was no denying the disappointed look on my face. how did it not clock in my mind that giselle wouldn't be home? now i've just gone and made it worse for her at home. mrs. aoki hates my guts and me showing my face at their house was adding more fuel to the flame.