eighth chapter

"wait..wait..you know her?" rodrick asked, in disbelief.

ben had just come from explaining what had went down between him and zara over the summer holidays, leaving rodrick in a complete puzzle.

"yes! i do," ben replied, "we met at that music workshop."

"when?"

ben pursed his lips, before answering. "last summer."

rodrick sat upright from his position on the couch, resting his drumsticks on his lap as if he was deep in thought. they were currently in his basement for band practice and the mention of ben knowing zara before had halted their rehearsals.. "so you knew giselle this whole time?" he questioned.

ben scoffed, "no! how many times do i have to explain this?" he retorted, "i only knew zara, she told me about her two best friends but it didn't occur to my mind that this would be the giselle you've been talking about."

"so you met last summer?" rodrick repeated one of his past questions.

ben groaned in frustration, tired of having to explain himself over and over. he loved his best friend but sometime he couldn't deny that he had the brain of a 5 year old.

"yes rodrick! god," he huffed.

"okay okay, one more thing," he replied, "so you and zara have..what like a thing going on?" rodrick asked, causing ben to roll his eyes.

for someone who never liked answering questions, he sure loved asking them.

"no, i mean we haven't even talked in a while." ben shrugged, "she was really kind."

"will you talk to her again?"

ben sighed, "i don't know, maybe i will. she was really kind man."

"and she's cute as hell too," rodrick added.

"watch it."

rodrick looked back down onto his phone, finding the urge to check his comment under giselle's latest photo. "this sucks," he sighed.

"what does?"

"she doesn't follow me back," he said.

"dude, she's probably just another pretty chick you find interesting and after a while it'll fade away. you do this shit all the time." ben chuckled, lifting up his guitar to start tuning it.

rodrick sat still for a few moments, ben's words simmering in his thoughts. he didn't know if that's what it would be like with giselle, i mean he did find her really beautiful. the boy couldn't even let out a sentence when she turned and he saw her face. yeah, sure, she had a bloody nose but the boy was instantly dazed.

maybe he won't figure it out, maybe it will pass but this sudden urge to want to get to know her was something new to rodrick and he wasn't going to let it fade.