forty ninth chapter

giselle didn't know why she was sprinting for her life, all she knew was that she had to make it to the heffley's house as fast as she possibly could.

they lived a good 20 minutes from one another but since she was coming from the community service center, her run was fortunately cut about 10 minutes shorter.

rodrick and her were practically tied to the hip after they'd expressed each other's past heartbreaks. giselle felt like they were able to relate to one another much better, and now here she dashing to get to where he was.

rodrick had left her a rather interesting message at work.

we might be going on tour!

and that was enough to get her excited, she was  absolutely happy for him and the fact that his dreams were becoming somewhat a reality.  her heart was beating out of her chest and the wind wasn't going to slow her down.

she dashed up the heffley's porch steps and knocked on the door twice, trying to catch her breath. her hair was all over the place and she'd become a little sweaty, but the moment the door opened and rodrick appeared in front of her. all her worries went away as she jumped on him and enveloped him into a big hug.

"a tour!" she emphasized, hearing his soft chuckles by her ear as he returned her embrace.

"can you believe it?" he grinned, showing off his pearly white teeth.

"a tour! rodrick this is amazing!" she gushed, her smile so wide.

"it's not certain yet but it's pretty fucking amazing!" rodrick was grateful that he had someone supportive like giselle by his side. she was everything perfect in his life and seeing her brightened his day in an instant. "you ran all the way here?" he chuckled in disbelief, his arms still hooked around her shoulders.

the two had certainly reached a new level of comfortability ever since last week's events. "i had to see you! you couldn't just spring good news on me and not expect me to cheer you on." she scoffed playfully rolling her eyes at him.

"you amaze me, giselle aoki." he grinned.

"oh shus—"

"—well hello!" a voice cut in, interrupting their moment.

both of them immediately letting go of the other in an instant as if they were on fire. susan heffley stood by the kitchen, with a silly look plastered on her face at the sight she just saw. she was shocked to see her son act so affectionate towards someone, it was unlike him.

"giselle, i'm glad to see you again," she chuckled.

giselle blushed a crimson red, as she flashed susan with a small smile. "same to you, mrs. heffley."

"i hope you've been doing well," she stated, a goofy grin on her lips.

rodrick biting onto his bottom lip to contain his laughter at how awkward giselle looked.

"i am, mrs. heffley. i hope you're well too." she replied, smacking the boy's arm lightly.

"i am, thank you...okay, well i'll get back to making dinner." she grinned. "i'll see you guys later."

giselle felt herself let out a sigh of relief. she was scared she would act like a fool in front of rodrick's mother and it was the last thing she needed to worry about.

rodrick, on the other hand, had began to laugh at how ridiculous the situation was. at this point, he knew his mother would pry and even though he won't admit it to her, she could just tell that her son was head over her heels for the girl.