forty eighth chapter

NEW INSTAGRAM POST FROM BENTHEGREAT

benthegreat: at coles with the gorlzzz

photocreds zarabanes <3

5 comments

quinnofurheart: first like! u owe me chili fries

zarabanes: get off ur phone

giselleaoki: sandwiches with the gorlzzzz

rodrickdrums: without me ben?

benthegreat: ^ cuz ur lame jk ilysm

____________________________________

coles had the best sandwiches in all of plainview. the restaurant itself was a treat, it was lit up in neon lights and had an old little jukebox that still played old music from the 50's. the waiters and waitresses all wore roller skates and the atmosphere made people feel like they were at home.

it was a nice quiet tuesday evening and giselle was able to spend her dinner with her dear friends for the night. her mother was working late in the office and her father was out on a business trip so she was able to go out freely.

"what if i get a job here this summer?" quinn blurted out in shock, as if she had come up with the most perfect idea ever.

"you working here? since when?" zara chuckled, taking a sip of her vanilla milkshake.

quinn threw her hands up for emphasis, "since now! i mean look at those sick ass roller skates i'd get to wear everyday."

"you suck at roller skating," zara pointed out.

"and you just crushed my dreams, so who's worse?" quinn huffed, crossing her arms dramatically and leaning back on the booth's leather seat.

ben laughed, shaking his head to the two girls bickering.

"i'm sorry babe, i'm just honest." zara giggled.

giselle had remained awfully quiet, just staring at her plate of chicken nuggets right in front of her. she was in her own world as always, replaying a specific moment in her mind over and over again.

"i mean.. you are everything good in the world put together in one person"

was it a dream, she thought to herself? it had to be. there was no way that had happened just the other day. it was something giselle was trying to wrap her around. rodrick actually thought of her that way. he said all of those things and he looked at her in a way no one had ever looked at her before.

she could remember the way her heart was beating out of her chest and how her words refused to come out, but she desperately wanted to say something and let him know she thought he was all those good things too, but instead giselle kept quiet.

and when she held his hand, it felt absolutely perfect. she could feel butterflies in her stomach as if the wind was going to blow her away. she'd never felt this way before. it was still so new to her and for once in her life, whatever reason this was happening, giselle was starting to feel ready for it.

"gigi! hellooo!" quinn interrupted her thoughts.

"oh hey sorry," giselle chuckled. "i was uh contemplating my chicken nuggets."

"you don't like them?" ben questioned. "cause i'll eat them."

giselle shook her head, "it's all good. i got them for now."

"anyways, now that i have all your attention." zara spoke up, trying her best to conceal the wide smile growing on her face. 

"are you making an announcement?" quinn asked.

"no shit, now listen." zara retorted playfully. "training with plainview's ballet society has been tough and extremely demanding, but i wouldn't have it any other way." she explained, "i want to dance for the rest of my life and i've never been passionate about anything else."

"that's our future julliard queen," giselle smiled.

"speaking of julliard, they're coming down to plainview to see some trainees and since this is the exposure i've been waiting for,  i have decided to sign up for the talent show!" zara beamed happily.

the table began cheering loudly, ben whistling, quinn banging the table lightly while giselle repeated chanted. "go zara! go zara!"

it was beautiful to see the biggest smile on her best friend's face. it made giselle feel wholesome, she was so happy for zara and this opportunity of showcasing her amazing talent to the julliard people. this was her moment and giselle was proud of her.

"i can't wait for them to realize you're the talent they've been looking for," giselle grinned.

"right! this is it zar, this is your chance." quinn exclaimed.

ben planted a soft kiss on his girlfriend's cheek as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. "and we're here to support you in every way, babe."

" i love you guys," zara smiled.

"i'm so making a shrine for you at the school formal, i'm on the committee i can make that happen." quinn teased.

"please don't," zara chuckled. "how's the planning for that going by the way?"

"it's alright," quinn shrugged. "i hate the theme, but cora likes it so i let her have her way."

"what a sweet girlfriend," giselle teased.

"oh hush! i'm not saying anything until it's the right time."

"whatever you say love," zara grinned. "by the way, why couldn't rodrick come again?" she asked, turning towards ben.

"family dinner with his parents," he answered. "i actually haven't heard from him much since yesterday."

"aw too bad, gigi probably missed him today." quinn teased, sticking her tongue out at her friend.

giselle rolled her eyes playfully, taking her vanilla milkshake from the table.

"well you're not entirely wrong," she replied.

and the table went wild once more.

_________________________