thirty first chapter

rodrick knew he and greg were still walking on a thin line with their mother after the whole church incident. sure, she showed rodrick a bit of compassion that day he went out with giselle but soon after that blew over, she was back to her passive aggressive ways.

all week long she'd succeeded in reminding her boys how disappointed and humiliated she was by their behavior on sunday. it bugged rodrick to his core and he didn't know how to tune it out.

greg was just easy to push around and if the opportunity presented itself, it was practically big brother code to mess with it. the consequences of an angry mother never really occur to the two brothers until after they've committed their chaos and here they were paying the price.

susan heffley always took it to her heart whenever her boys didn't get along. i mean she wrote columns for a publishing company on parenting and if her own two sons didn't reflect her values then she was simply considered a fraud.

"well you have brought this on yourselves," she started off, holding onto manny tightly while their father, frank, arranged the luggages. "you can kiss rockin' rapids goodbye."

rodrick took a double take upon hearing this, could it mean they're being left alone in town for the weekend? he tried to keep his composure, putting on his best fake attentive face, he always made sure to add a hint of puppy dog eyes to really sell his look.

greg on the other hand looked a little confused as he continued to listen to his mother's lecture.

"you two will stay here this weekend and work out your differences," she stated in a stern tone. it was her only hope of redemption for the two brothers to make amends. "and if you don't, i will. and trust me you don't wanna any part of that.. you understand?"

the two young heffley's nodded their head in agreement, repeatedly saying yes to reassure their mother. their parents gave them one last final look, before turning away from the sullen looking boys and out the door.

they were this close to freedom until frank turned back, sternly pointing his finger up at his eldest son. "and don't have anybody over this weekend. got it?" he warned, squinting his eyes at the two boys like a hawk.

rodrick gulped nervously, nodding his head once more.

frank took one more good look at the two before slowly walking out the door. the moment the mahogany door had slammed shut, rodrick's lips instantly curved themselves into one sinister smirk. this was his time to shine.

he giddily ran back into the living room, plopping himself onto his couch as he frantically searched for ben's contact.

to ben 🖕🏼

party at my place. spread the word.

"rodrick what are you doin--"

"-shut it worm."

••••••••••••••••
hey!!

the next following chapters shall revolve around the party scene :)))

COME MY WAY • RODRICK HEFFLEYOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara