fifty second chapter

"gi, stop making that face or else you'll get wrinkles." her mother warned, talking about the frown stuck upon her daughter's face.

giselle knew this was a way to get her to stop sulking during this car ride but she couldn't help it. she didn't want to go out for dinner with her parents, especially with a bunch of her mother's colleagues AND most importantly, not when she had a history test the next day.

she had to admit, she was starting to slack. she had been spending much more time with zara and quinn and her new found friends, school had become tucked in the back of her mind. if she got a lower grade out of the blue then her parents would definitely call her out for going out too much and that was the last thing she needed to hear.

giselle sighed to herself, keeping her eyes shut slowly dreading the car ride to whatever restaurant they were heading to. she barely knew the people her parents worked with and it was unusual for them to drag her to one of their business dinners, but at this point she didn't question it.

the ride didn't last long and before she knew it, she felt the car park on the side of the road but much to her surprise they weren't at a restaurant.

"wake up, anak. we're here."

her vision adjusted as she tried to pinpoint their exact location and, lord did she feel her heart jump when her eyesight finally settled.

they were at the heffley residence.

giselle's mouth gaped open as she tried to find the words to say. her body moving itself for her, as she opened up the car door and raced after her parents who were already making their way to the front door of the heffley home.

"ma! why are we here?" she asked in a frantic tone. "i thought we were eating out."

her mother rolled her eyes in a frustrated manner. "isn't this eating out, gi? ano ba?"

"no, eating out is going to a restaurant." giselle pointed out.

her father gave her a confused look, "i thought you didn't want to come with us, why are you so invested all of a sudden?"

"uh," she stammered. "i'm not, i'm just pointing it out."

and before their conversation could even continue, the front door had opened and susan heffley stood there with a cheerful expression on her face as she enveloped giselle's mother in a warm embrace.

giselle was even more confused than ever.

how did they know each other?

"analyn! steve! i'm so glad you guys could make it!" susan beamed.

"we're happy to be here," giselle's father replied.

"oh! and this is my husband frank!" susan said, as rodrick's father stood awkwardly by her side.

giselle covered herself behind her mother but she knew it was no use when she felt her mom pull her by the arm. "and this is our daughter—"

"—giselle!" susan exclaimed, immediately enveloping her into a hug leaving her parents with a surprised expression on her face.

giselle knew she was in for quite the night when she saw rodrick looked just as shocked from the corner of her eye.

••••••••••