sixty seventh chapter

unedited!! forgive the typos!!!

giselle's pov

the tickets booth was practically dead at this point, but i wasn't allowed to leave. i had a slightly decent view of the stage by the staircases and all i could do was peek from time to time.

it wasn't like anyone else was coming in now, considering the talent show had pretty much started for the past 30 minutes. i stood up from my chair and walked towards the auditorium and just enjoyed the view i had from the top of the staircase. i wanted to see loaded diper and zara perform. i couldn't find quinn in the crowd of people but i did spot the heffleys.

i haven't talked to them since the incident with my parents and i was afraid of what they thought of me after hearing my mother talk nonsense. i wonder if it was awkward at work with mrs. heffley and my mom.

mr. heffley was sat alone with only manny by his side and it made me wonder where she was. were greg and rodrick even allowed to come today? i think it'd hurt rodrick not being able to perform with the band, i knew how passionate he got about them and it sucks how things turned out.

i felt someone grab my arm, causing me to turn around frantically. to my relief it was just rowley with a pleased look on his face. "giselle!" he exclaimed, hugging me.

i chuckled, hugging him back. "woah! what's with the energy? shouldn't you be getting ready?"

"greg's decided to be my partner!" he cried in joy.

i looked back at him surprised to know the younger heffley boy was around. "wow! that's great! i didn't know greg was here."

"oh yea he is," rowley pointed out. "you should've seen how it went backstage rodrick was trying to join the band and bill was like uh no way you can't, and rodrick was all like what why, quinn was about to beat bill up but zara stopped her and when rodrick was about to say something else— MRS. HEFFLEY STEPPED IN AND IT WAS AWESOME." he ranted in a frantic and i was trying to take in everything he said.

"wait what?"

"oh yeah then greg said he'd join me after that."

rodrick's pov

"excuse me but do you know who started this band off!" quinn yelled, about to charge towards bill until zara held her back in an instant. she looked fuming for someone who claimed that she wanted to stab me after hearing about what happened with giselle.

i stared back at bill in disbelief. "bill you can't replace me! i'm a part of this band."

bill chuckled, trying to calm me down. "rodrick listen, this is how rock n roll works. someone steps in when you don't step up—"

"—we didn't agree to this, bill." ben added.

"you snooze, you lose buddy." bill chuckled.

i could hardly believe my ears. this couldn't be happening. i started loaded diper. ben and jerry were my bandmates and we were the ones who started this whole band off. how could bill think he can just step in and take over?

i stepped forward about to give him a piece of
my mind until i felt a hand push me back.

"excuse me bill, but this is a little embarrassing." i heard my mother's voice cut in, gaining all of our attentions.

bill looked shocked to hear her speak up. "mrs. heffle-"

"—oh would you quit it with the mrs. heffley?" she scoffed. "you could've been in my senior year batch for christ sake!"

i snickered, putting my head down to avoid laughing any louder. who knew my mother had it in her?

"now you listen clearly bill walter," she stated sternly. "you have no right to discredit my son like that especially after he worked hard on forming this band."