fourth chapter

INSTAGRAM DMS,

rodrickdrums,
hello,
unsent
um hi?
unsent.

"damn it!" rodrick grumbled, throwing his phone back on the couch only to rush after it before it fell onto the floor of the basement.

he was puzzled to say the least. he'd been way too afraid to text giselle that he was sorry for hurting her nose and as much as everyone was advising him not to, he couldn't deny that he really did want to text her.

"come on man," ben, one of his friends and bandmate, spoke up as he took a sip out of his coke can. "this chick can't have you whipped at a time like this! no distractions!" he reminded rodrick.

it was his idea after all to join the talent show. it was their chance for exposure and loaded diper needed it more than ever.

"don't tell me you're forgetting where you're priorities stand man!" he exclaimed, accusingly pointing at his friend who clung onto his phone like it was his lifeline.

rodrick scoffed at ben, as if he had just said the most absurd thing he had ever heard. "don't be dumb, loaded diper is my baby.."

"oh yeah? then get on the drums and let's make some music!" ben exclaimed, standing up towards the mic stand.

with a silent huff, rodrick had stood up as well still clutching onto his phone. he turned it on for a split moment, the screen showing off his blank chat with giselle.

it was now or never, he thought.

rodrickdrums
hey?

___________

also wanted to make it clear that ben shall be portrayed by nick robinson!