second chapter

rodrick stood by the doorframe of the kitchen, occupied by the latest game he had just downloaded onto his phone. he didn't particularly enjoy it but he liked that it distracted from doing most of the chores in the house.

"rodrick could you not just stand there and at least help manny sit upright," susan heffley sighed tiredly, looking up from her cutting board and towards her eldest son who shrugged his shoulders and walked to her youngest son, struggling to get onto the tall stools that surrounded the kitchen's marble island.

"geez quit moving around," he huffed, as he finally placed the young boy onto the stool.

after getting that out of the way, he picked his phone up and again found himself stumbling onto instagram.

giselleaoki, he read in his mind as he clicked onto her page.

he found her beautiful, so beautiful it stole his words away. literally. it's bad enough he almost gave her a broken nose and didn't even apologize for it, then shortly after that whole incident; he shamelessly followed her instagram page after staring at it for an hour.

he knew it was creepy but he couldn't help it. giselle lived a far different life from him, she was not only in a different school but from her page she seemed to be the picture perfect girl, like the type of daughter his mother would've loved to have. she posted about books she read, gardens and other nature-y kinda stuff. hell, she even went to st. mary's prep school which was considered elite compared to plainsview high. rodrick knew she would never dare look his away again. i mean he was rock n roll in his mind and all he ever posted on instagram were pictures of his drum kit and candid shots of greg looking like an idiot. they were polar opposites already.

he wasn't surprised that she hadn't followed him back, he was sure she hated him and felt he pushed her on purpose. i mean he did just stare at her like he didn't care—

"—it's a shame, you owe her a new nose." he heard greg snicker from behind him, interrupting him from his thoughts.

as if the sound of his younger brother's voice didn't annoy him enough to push him to the edge, he lifted his hand up and flicked the back of greg's head causing the boy to rub on it in pain at the sudden impact . "ow!" he winced.

"don't be a dork." rodrick seethed

when the sudden sound of a knife slamming onto the table cut through the room, causing both boys to flinch. "what did i say about this!" susan exclaimed, "remember? mom bucks!"

"i was just giving him a head massage," rodrick defended himself as he focused back onto his phone , his eyes lighting up like a christmas tree seeing giselle posted something new.

giselleaoki: stopped by this cute little shop after school. might buy another plant or will i? 🤨

he had to find a way to apologize soon