fifty fifth chapter

giselle didn't know what it was, all she knew was that she could not fall asleep. her mind was buzzing and all she wanted to know was whether rodrick was okay.

her eyes were practically swollen from all the crying that occurred and she felt horrible remembering everything her mother had said.

it was etched into her brain on a loop and there was no way she could stop it now.

she tiredly grabbed her phone from her side table and checked to see if she had received any messages.

rodrick?
seen

damn it, giselle thought to herself. of course rodrick didn't want to speak to her right now, but it was killing her not knowing what happened to him.

maybe she should just sleep it off.

••••••••••••••••••••••

the next morning was a blur, giselle woke up earlier than usual considering she hardly got any sleep either way. her parents were surprisingly still in bed and she made sure to hurry out of the house as fast as she could.

she didn't want to have to deal with whatever punishment they gave her now.

she dashed out of the house grabbing herself a muffin and her backpack, before stepping out into the rather sunny plainview weather.

giselle usually walked to school which wasn't far from where she lived. it's not like she was alone the entire walk, because by the end of her street zara was waiting for her by the sidewalk.

"hey you," zara greeted, standing up from the curb and dusting off her plaid skirt.

"hey," giselle responded, trying her best to not sound upset but the moment her best friend took a good look at her. zara already knew what was up.

she had a concerned look on her face as she approached giselle. "gi, is everything okay?"

giselle sighed, taking a deep breath before speaking up. "no." she replied. "everything's horrible."

"well what happened last night?" zara questioned. "did something happen with rodrick?"

"yes and it was horrible, zar." she exasperated. "i..i can't even begin to explain what happened. his father was yelling and all of a sudden my mom started screaming at me an—"

"—wait wait! hold up? your parents?" she repeated in disbelief. "since when did your family know the heffleys?"

giselle sighed once more, burying her face in her hands in frustration. "since forever apparently. god, it was just horrible zar."

"you need to explain to me what exactly happened gi, because right now all i'm getting is nothing." zara said, patting her friend on the back. "let's just relax and walk to school in peace, we do have a history test today."

fuck, giselle thought. she completely forgot about.

•••••••••••••••••

guys were almost at the end! 😭😭