𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙠

It was now the day of the first task. Draco had been avoiding me because of the article in the daily prophet, and I've been avoiding harry because of the kiss. In both potions and defense against the dark arts, I would sit with anyone but those two. Heck, in potions, I even sat with neville, and we all know how he is around professor snape.

"So, we've got a welsh green, chinese fireball, swedish short snout and a hungarian horntail." Charlie listed off for ron, hermione and I. Finding out that charlie brought these dragons over for the tournament was pretty cool. I never really got to talk to him at the quidditch world cup, but I guess now is better than never.

My jaw was on the floor. "And they have to battle one of them?"

He nodded his head. "Whoever gets the hungarian horntail, I feel bad for. That one is a real piece of work."

"If it's so dangerous, why did you bring it?" Hermione asked.

"I was told to bring four dragons, so here they are."

I noticed ron being quiet. "What are you thinking about?"

"I feel like I've been a massive prick to harry." He mumbled.

I rubbed his shoulder. "Talk to him, say you're sorry. I know he's been missing you, and I know you've been missing him."

Us kids went to the stands, as the tournament was beginning.

"How come you've been avoiding harry, y/n?"

I sighed. "It's nothing, hermione."

My eyes traveled along the opposite stands, looking for bright blonde hair. He was already looking at me, with the look of hurt etched upon his face. He quickly avoided my gaze, immediately laughing and talking with the boys like nothing is wrong.

A whistle blew somewhere, signaling the beginning of the task. Cedric stepped out to meet his dragon.

~

Cedric, fleur and krum had all gotten their golden eggs. It was now harry's turn, and I was a nervous mess. Of course he would get the hungarian horntail, that's just his luck, ain't it? He walked out of the entrance of the tent, and everyone went silent.

The horntail stood across from him, crouched low over her clutch of eggs, her wings half furled. The stands erupted in noise, too chaotic to make out.

I turned my back to the enclosure, my stomach turning from just the thought of something terrible happening to harry. "I can't watch this."

"Accio firebolt!" Harry cried.

I waited a couple moments, wondering if his spell actually worked. That's when I heard it speeding through the air. I turned and saw his firebolt hurtling towards him at the edge of the woods, soaring into the enclosure, and stopping in midair. I cheered along with the crowd as he threw his leg over his broom, kicking off from the ground. He flew through the air with great speed. The horntail's eyes followed his every move. Harry took a dive, but pulled out of it just as a jet of fire had been released exactly where he would have been.

"He's flying like he would in quidditch." I told the two beside me.

"Great scott, he can fly!" Bagman yelled. "Are you watching this, mr. krum?"

Harry soared higher in a circle. The horntail was still following his progress; it's head revolving on its long neck. He's making me dizzy just by watching this. Harry plummeted just as the dragon opened its mouth, but this time he was less lucky. He kissed the flames, but the tail came whipping up to meet him instead, and as he swerved to the left, one of the long spikes grazed his shoulder, ripping his robes.