𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝

I sat at the gryffindor table eating breakfast. My eyes were on the windows, watching the rain pelt it, as it came down. The weasley twins were sitting in front of me, chowing down as well. Today was our match against hufflepuff, and I was not ready. I kept thinking about how my parents were coming to watch. But would they though? Would they sit in the cold rain just to watch a game?

"Move, weasley." Xavier had approached, and he was now staring down at the twins.

"Sorry, this is the gryffindor table, reserved for gryffindors only." George said. "Go back to the slytherin table, diore."

"I need to talk to my sister."

Fred examined my face. "Judging by the look on her face, I don't think she wants to talk to you."

"Move, or I'll give the two of you detention." Uh oh. He's in prefect mode. Everybody watch out!

"It's okay, boys. Let him sit down." I told them.

Fred and george glared at xavier as they moved. Xavier smirked at them, and sat across from me, with something white sticking out from his hand.

"What can I do for you, xavier?" I brushed some hair behind my ear.

"Well, I know that you are worried about mother and father coming today to watch the game. But I got a letter from them," he showed me the letter. "saying that they won't be coming. The weather is bad, and since you're playing hufflepuff, they're not interested."

"Let me guess, they're coming to the gryffindor versus slytherins game whenever it is, right?"

"Yup." He was quiet for a moment.

"What?"

"Be careful out there, okay? I know the weather is bad, and I wish someone could take your place, but I know that's not going to happen, so just be careful out there. I don't want you getting anymore hurt, then what already happened at the beginning of the school year..." He jumped up, and quickly walked back to the slytherin table.

I furrowed my eyebrows and followed him. "Xavier, wait." I stopped him by grabbing the back of his shirt. "Why are you being so nice to me?"

His eyes avoided mine, and he took a deep breath. "I realized that I've been harsh on you ever since you started school. And I'm sorry about that."

"Why were you mean?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I watched how mother and father treated you, and I guess I started to do the same thing-"

"Awe, xavier. You do have a heart!" I pinched his cheek, making him scowl at me.

~

I walked with Harry down to the pitch, my umbrella almost getting blown out of my hand multiple times. I changed into my quidditch robes, and waited for the usual pre-match pep talk wood gives us, but it never came. He tried to speak several times, but he just looked like a fish out of water. He then shook his head, and motioned for all of us to follow him.

I shouldered my broom, and followed him out onto the pitch. The wind was so strong I was staggering sideways. If the crowd was cheering, there was no way I could hear it with the wind howling in my ears. I could barely see the hufflepuffs approaching from the opposite side of the pitch. The only way I could see them, was by their canary yellow robes.

We stopped, my feet sinking into the mud. I looked up to diggory, who smiled at wood. Katie nudged me with her elbow, and smirked. He was very attractive. Diggory and wood shook hands, and madam hootch's mouth formed into the words 'Mount your brooms'. I pulled my foot out of the sticking mud, and threw it over my broom. Madam hootch brought her whistle to her lips, a sound so distant can be heard, and were off.