𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙫𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙤𝙧

"Come on, ron, you were always saying how boring he was." Fred said. "And he's been off-color for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably better for him to snuff it quickly. One swallow - he probably didn't feel a thing."

"Fred!" Ginny scolded.

I couldn't help myself as I started laughing.

"All he did was eat and sleep, ron, you said it yourself." George said.

"He bit goyle for us once." Ron was absolutely miserable about this. "Remember harry, y/n?"

I laughed harder at the memory from when i was on the train my first year. Goyle tried to take harry and ron's sweets, so scabbers clamped down on his knuckle.

"His finest hour." Fred couldn't keep a straight face as he watched my face turn red. "Let the scar on goyle's finger stand as a lasting tribute to his memory. Oh, come on, ron, get yourself down to hogsmeade and buy a new rat. What's the point of moaning?"

~

"Look at the balance on it!" Madam hooch said as she admired harry's firebolt. We were all down on the pitch for practice, but madam hooch was taking her time. "If the nimbus series has a fault, it's a slight list to the tail end. You often find they develop a drag after a few years. They've updated the handle, too, a bit slimmer than the cleansweeps, reminds me of the old silver arrows - a pity they've stopped making them, I learned to fly on one, and a very fine broom it was too..."

"Er, madam hooch?" Oliver finally spoke up. "Is it okay if harry gets the firebolt back? We need to practice."

"Oh, right. Here you are, then, potter." She handed the broom back to him. "I'll sit over here with weasley."

Harry had invited ron to come and watch the practice to make him feel better. It definitely did. It took his mind off scabbers immediately. Hermione and ron were both not talking to each other still. I wonder if they'll ever make up. Probably not.

We all crowded around oliver, who was about to give his final instructions for tomorrow's match.

"Harry, I've just found out who ravenclaw are playing as seeker. It's cho chang. She's a fourth year, and she's pretty good. I really hoped she wouldn't be fit, and she's had some problems injuries. On the other hand, she rides a comet two sixty, which is going to look like a joke next to the firebolt." He looked at harry's broom with admiration. "Okay, everyone, let's go."

My broom was suddenly pulled out of my hand by fred weasley, who started to run off with it down the pitch.

"Give it back, you little weasel!" I yelled chasing after him.

~

Harry placed his broom on the table in front of me while I ate. Today was the match against ravenclaw, and I'm ready for it to be over with.

"Did you see his face?" Ron said gleefully, looking back at the slytherin table. "He can't believe it! This is brilliant!"

"You talking about draco?" I asked, spooning food into my mouth.

Ron grinned and nodded. People from the ravenclaw and hufflepuff tables were coming over to look at the broom in front of me. Someone brushed against my back, and i looked behind me to see cedric diggory standing right there behind me.