𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠

After what happened at the quidditch World Cup, everything was chaotic. Father spent more time at work than he did at home. I didn't mind, though. But we were now heading back to hogwarts.

Mother handed xavier and I a large sack of galleons. "Now, I want both of you to carefully spend this, okay?"

Narcissa stood off to the side, waiting for draco to come back from putting both of our trunks away.

Xavier looked down at his sack. "Mother, this is more than y/n and I had last year combined. What's going on?"

She smiled at us. "You'll both find out when you get to school. But I think you'll both want to stay at hogwarts for christmas this year."

"Mother," I narrowed my eyes at her. "how do you know that we won't?"

"You'll both find out soon enough."

Draco's hand brushed the small of my back as he went to his mother. I'm not happy with him, and he knows it.

"Why are you mad at me, darling?" Draco slipped his arms around my waist, and pulled me close to him.

"For what you said to my friends. If I wasn't hiding, I would have slapped you."

He smirked. "No, you wouldn't have." He walked forward, making me walk backwards until my back hit a wall. "Because if you hit me, well, let's just say you'd regret it."

He pinned me to the wall, and smashed his lips against mine. I sighed, and no matter how much I didn't want to, I tangled my fingers in his hair. Draco's hands traveled down to my hips, scrunching the fabric up.

I placed a hand on his chest, and pushed him away. "I'm mad at you."

"You've told me."

"Y/n?"

I snapped out of my thoughts, and saw everyone looking at me. And by everyone, I mean draco, narcissa, mother and xavier.

"Sorry?"

"I said it's time for you to go, dear." Mother said.

At that time, the train whistle went off. Mother kissed my cheek, saying goodbye, and I jumped onto the train, ready to find my friends. It didn't take long to find them, though. The door was wide open, and right next to draco's compartment.

"Hello, everyone." I greeted, sitting next to hermione.

She reached over, and hugged me. "I was so worried about you! We're you scared at the quidditch world cup when you got separated from your brother? What happened?"

I felt awful for doing this. "The crowd kept pushing us, and pushing us. I held onto xavier's hand, but we got separated. But once it calmed down, I just waited."

"We're your parents in those masks?" Ron asked, jumping straight to the question.

"Ronald!" Hermione scolded.

"It's a genuine question. Everybody knows that-"

"That my parents were death eaters?" I finished for him. "No."

"Then where we're your parents when we ran into xavier and malfoy?"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "I have no idea, ron. We just ran for it."

Harry must've noticed how uncomfortable I was. "Okay, let's change the subject. Y/n, do you know what is happening at hogwarts this year?"

I shook my head. "Mother wouldn't tell me anything when I asked her."

"Bagman wanted to tell us what's happening at hogwarts." Ron said, now grumpy. "At the world cup, remember? But my own mother won't say. Wonder what-"

"Shh!" Hermione pressed her finger to her lips, and pointed to draco's compartment.

"...father actually considered sending me to durmstrang rather than hogwarts, you see. Well, you know his opinion of dumbledore - the man's such a mudblood lover - and durmstrang doesn't admit that sort of riffraff. But mother didn't like the idea of me going to a school so far away. Father says durmstrang takes a far more sensible line than hogwarts about the dark arts. Durmstrang students actually learn them, not just the defense rubbish we do..."

I reached over, and shut the door quietly, making it block his voice out.

"So he thinks durmstrang would have suited him, does he." Hermione said angrily. "I wish he had gone, then we wouldn't have had to put up with him."

"Durmstrang's another wizarding school?" Harry questioned.

I nodded. "Along with beauxbatons. Durmstrang has a horrible reputation, though."

"According to an appraisal of magical education in europe, it puts a lot of emphasis on the dark arts." Hermione said.

"I think I've heard of it." Ron said vaguely. "Y/n, do you know where it is? What country?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Well, nobody knows, do they?"

"Why not?" Harry asked.

"There's traditionally been a lot of rivalry between the magic schools. Durmstrang and beauxbatons like to conceal their whereabouts so nobody can steal their secrets."

"Come off it, y/n." Ron said, starting to laugh. "Durmstrang's got to be about the same size as hogwarts, how are you going to hide a dirty great castle?"

"But hogwarts is hidden." Hermione sounded surprised. "Everyone knows that... well, everyone who's read hogwarts: a history, anyway."

"Just you, then."

I coughed out a laugh.

"So go on - how do you hide a place like hogwarts?"

"It's bewitched." Hermione answered. "If a muggle looks at it, all they see is a moldering old ruin with a sign over the entrance saying, DANGER, DO NOT ENTER, UNSAFE."

"So durmstrang'll just look like a ruin to an outsider, too?"

"Maybe, or it might have muggle repelling charms on it, like the world cup stadium. And to keep foreign wizards from finding it, they'll have made it unplottable-"

"Come again?"

"Well, you can enchant a building so it's impossible to play on a map, can't you?"

"If you say so." Harry shrugged.

"I think durmstrang must be somewhere in the north." I said. "Somewhere very cold, because they've got fur capes as part of their uniforms."

"Ah, think of the possibilities." Ron said dreamily. "It would've been so easy to push malfoy off a glacier and make it look like an accident... shame his mother likes him..."

"He's really not bad, once you get to know him." I mumbled, looking down at my hands.

Ron scoffed. "You're only saying that cause you have to."

"Not necessarily. He really is nice."

I could feel their eyes locked on my figure, but I didn't dare to look up