𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙚 𝙜𝙤

I was terrified to get out of bed the next morning

I was terrified to get out of bed the next morning. I just wanted to stay in my protective bubble, and hope no one would notice my absence. But of course, hermione made me get up, throwing my covers off me.

~

"Come on, y/n. It's time to get up!" Hermione was extremely chipper this morning.

"No thanks, I'm just gonna stay in bed today."

"Don't be silly, y/n." She gripped my blanket, and threw it off of me.

I sighed, realizing that she wasn't going to stop until I got up, and sat up in bed. Her eyes widen when she took me in.

"Y/n, what happened?" She cupped my face, and touched my right cheek gingerly.

I winced when pain shot through me. "It's nothing, mione. I fell last night." I slipped out of bed, and went to get dressed.

I stepped into the bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror. On my right cheekbone was a light pink bruise. I didn't worry about it. I've had worse from father. Hermione slid into the bathroom behind me, and crossed her arms. Her eyes narrowed at me through the mirror.

"What?"

"Tell me what really happened, y/n." She closed the door.

"Is it really important?" I started to brush my teeth.

"Yes, it is. I know that's not from your father, because you haven't been home recently. So tell me, who did that to you?"

I spit toothpaste out. "Draco."

"That little-"

"Hermione, it's fine. Don't worry about it."

"I sure hope you're not going to forgive him."

"I didn't plan on that."

~

So here I am. Walking with harry, ron and hermione to the owlery, so they could send a letter off to sirius. I made sure to keep my head down as we walked.

"Just go through it again, harry." Hermione said. "What did mr. crouch actually say?"

"I told you, he wasn't making much sense." Harry answered. "He said he wanted to warn dumbledore about something. He definitely mentioned bertha jorkins, and he seemed to think she was dead. He kept saying stuff was his fault... he mentioned his son."