𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧

After lunch, I entered the d

After lunch, I entered the d.a.d.a classroom with my friends. Umbridge wasn't there yet, so I decided to join draco at his desk. As I neared, pansy took the seat next to him. When he saw her, he immediately rolled his eyes.

I walked up behind them. "Move, parkinson."

"I was here first, diore. Go sit somewhere else." She said over her shoulder.

"And you know that I always sit with draco. Move!"

She remained silent, and stayed sitting in the chair. Fine, if you won't move, I'll move you. I grabbed the two back legs of the chair, and tilted it. She slipped out, falling on the floor. I moved the chair back, and sat in it, crossing my arms and smirking.

She glared at me. "Fine, sir with your precious draco." She got up and moved to sit with nott.

Draco started to laugh. "That was enjoyable."

I moved the chair closer to the desk, and draped my legs over his lap. "I told her to move. I probably could have said it nicely, but oh well."

He placed his hand on the inside of my thigh. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

I pretended to think about it for a second. "Maybe."

"Good. Cause I do."

A paper bird caught my attention, flying around the room. It soared beautifully, until it caught on fire and fell onto parvati and lavender's desk. Every student in the class looked over to the door way, and saw umbridge standing there.

"Well, good afternoon!" She greeted, moving to the front of the class.

A few people mumbled 'good afternoon' in reply. Draco and I were not one of them.

"Tut, tut. That won't do, now, will it? I should like you, please, to reply 'Good afternoon, professor umbridge'. One more time, please. Good afternoon, class!"

"Good afternoon, professor umbridge." We chanted back to her.

"There, now. That wasn't too difficult, was it? Wands away and quills out, please."

I shared a gloomy look with draco, but did as she said. The order 'wands away' had never been followed by a lesson any of us had found interesting. I placed my quill and ink on my desk, along with some parchment. Professor umbridge opened her handbag, extracted her wand, which was an unusually short one, and tapped the blackboard sharply with it; words appeared on the board at once:

Defense against the dark arts

A return to basic principles

"Well now, your teaching in this subject has been rather disrupted and fragmented, hasn't it?" Umbridge turned to face the class with her hands clasped neatly in front of her. "The constant changing of teachers, many of whom do not seem to have followed any ministry approved curriculum, has unfortunately resulted in your being far below the standard we would expect to see you in o.w.l year."