𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙨

After lunch, I walked down to my care of magical creatures lesson with the other three. It was really bothering me about trelawney's prediction. Harry's not going to really die, is he? It's absurd. When we arrived to hagrid's hut, he was already waiting for us.

"C'mon, now, get a move on!" Hagrid called out to the rest of the class. "Got a real treat for yeh today! Great lesson comin' up! Everyone here? Right, follow me!"

We followed hagrid around the edge of the trees, and five minutes later, we found ourselves outside a kind of paddock. Nothing was in there.

"Everyone gather round the fence here! That's it, make sure yeh can see. Now firs' thing yeh'll want ter do is open yer books-"

"How?" Draco asked from behind me. "How do we open our books?"

I looked around, and saw everyone had their books tied shut with either, belts, ropes, or bull clips.

Hagrid looked crestfallen. "Hasn' - hasn' anyone bin able ter open their books?"

I shook my head.

"Yeh've got ter stroke em'." Hagrid took my book, took the belt off, and ran a giant finger down the books spine. The book shivered, and then fell open, laying quiet in his hands.

"Oh, how silly we've all been!" Draco sneered. "We should have stroked them! Why didn't we guess!"

I sent a glare at him from over my shoulder.

"I thought they were funny." Hagrid handed my book back.

"Oh, terribly funny." Draco went on. "Really witty, giving us books that try and rip our hands off!"

"Shut up, malfoy." Harry said quietly.

"Righ' then." Hagrid mumbled. "So yeh've got yer books an' now yeh need the magical creatures. Yeah. So I'll go an' get 'em. Hang on..." he strode away into the forest, and he was out of sight.

"God this place has gone to the dogs." Draco said once hagrid was out of ear shot. "Wait until my father hears that dumbledore got this oaf teaching classes."

I stomped forward, and pushed him backwards by his chest. "Shut up, malfoy."

"Oooh!" He slowly walked forward, and pulled me closer to his chest by my hips. He leaned forward, his face extremely close to mine, that I can still see some sausage grease where it hit him. "And how are you going to do that? I'm pretty sure there's a way or two for you to do it."

I was very aware of everyone staring at us. I leaned forward an inch, but immediately leaned back, and slapped him across the face.

He released me, stumbling backwards. "Why you little-"

Harry pulled me pack by my wrist. "Leave her alone, malfoy."

"Or what, pottah..."

His eyes focused on something above our heads. A terrified look washed over his face, and he scrambled backwards.

"Dementor! Dementor!"

We all turned, and saw nothing there. The slytherins behind us laughed. I glared at them, and saw them with their hoods up, trying to act scary.

"Ooooooh!" Lavender squealed. Her finger was pointing out towards the opposite site of the paddock.

A dozen of the most bizarre creatures I have ever seen were trotting towards us. They had the bodies, hind legs and tails of horses, but the front legs, wings and heads of giant eagles. They were absolutely beautiful. Each of them had chains attached to them, with hagrid holding on to the ends.

He tethered the creatures to the fence, and turned to all of us. "Hippogriffs! Beau'iful, aren' they? So," he rubbed his hands together. "if yeh wan' ter come a bit nearer..."

Harry, ron, hermione and I approached the fence cautiously, while the rest of the class backed away.

"Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know abou' hippogriffs are. Don't ever insult one, cause it might be the last thing yeh do. Yeh always wait for the hippogriff ter make the firs' move. It's polite, see? Yeh walk towards him, and yeh bow, an' yeh wait. If he bows back, yeh're allowed ter touch him. If he doesn't, then get away from him sharpish, cause those talons hurt."

I didn't even notice the talons until he said something. The talons were half a foot long.

"Right. Who wants ter go first?"

We all took a step back, but harry raised his hand.

"I'll do it." He climbed over the paddock fence.

"Good man, harry!" Hagrid roared. "Right then. Let's see how yeh get on with buckbeak."

Hagrid untied a grey hippogriff, and pulled him over to the boy. I stepped closer to the fence, and leaned on it.

"Easy, now, harry. Yeh've got eye contact, now try not ter blink. Hippogriffs don' trust yeh if yeh blink too much. That's it, harry, now, bow."

Harry lowered his upper half towards the ground, making sure to maintain eye contact. Buckbeak didn't move.

"Right," hagrid started to sound worried. "back away, now, harry, easy does it-"

But to my surprise, buckbeak bent his knees, and sank into an unmistakable bow.

"Well done, harry!" Hagrid applauded. "Right, yeh can touch him! Pat his beak, go on!"

"I wanna do that!" I said to hermione and ron. "That looks so fun!"

"Are you joking?" Ron scoffed. "You want to go in there?"

"Of course!"

"Righ' then, harry. I reckon he migh' let yeh ride him!" Hagrid scooped harry up, and placed him on the back of the creature. He swung his giant hand back, and slapped the hippogriff's hindquarters.

The hippogriff unfurled its twelve-foot wings, and they shot up into the air. I was jealous of harry after this. I wanted to ride a hippogriff so badly.

Buckbeak flew around us once in the air, and landed back in the paddock. I cheered with the rest of the class, as Hagrid roared, "Good work harry!" He leaned down to talk to harry.

"Yes, you're not dangerous at all are you?" Draco walked forward, knocking people out of his way. "You great, ugly brute."

"Draco!"

My feet have a mind of their own. I chased after him, and grabbed him by his shoulder. Buckbeak reared back on his hind legs, and brought his talons slashing down.

I fell to the ground next draco. I was in complete shock. Pain erupted in face, and warm liquid started to trickle down my cheek. I lifted my head, and draco's eyes widened when he saw me.

"Y-Y/n... your face."

I raised a trembling hand to my face, and hissed when it came in contact with three lacerations. My fingertips were completely coated in blood when I pulled them away. I looked up to hagrid, and saw that his face had completely drained of color. My classmates all started screaming, creating a ringing in my ears. How was I so calm with what just happened? Someone came up, pressing a cloth to side of my face, and hagrid scooped me up in his arms.

Hope you liked this one, I tried🥺🤭