𝙞𝙢 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚

After getting caught by xavier, I rejoined my friends in their compartment

After getting caught by xavier, I rejoined my friends in their compartment. When we had gotten off the train, instead of hagrid greeting us like he always does, it was professor grubbly plank. How come she's escorting the first years across the lake instead of hagrid?

"Did everyone see that grubbly plank woman?" Ginny asked. "What's she doing back here? Hagrid can't have left, can he?"

"I'll be quite glad if he has," Luna said. "he isn't a very good teacher, is he?"

"Yes, he is!" Harry, ron, ginny and I said angrily.

I looked over to hermione, who was silent. She cleared her throat and quickly said, "Erm... yes... he's very good."

"Well, we in ravenclaw think he's a bit of a joke." Luna was unfazed by what we said.

"You've got a rubbish sense of humor then." Ron snapped.

It didn't seem to bother luna with ron's rudeness. On the contrary, she simply watched him for a while as though he were a mildly interesting television program.

Rattling and swaying, the carriages moved in convoy up the road. When they passed between the tall stone pillars topped with winged boars on either side of the gates, I was able to see the castle perfectly. I'm home! Once the carriages stopped, we all got out, and hurried up the steps. We walked into the great hall, and my stomach started to growl.

"He's not here." Harry said, as we sat down at the gryffindor table.

Knowing he meant hagrid, I scanned the staff table.

"He can't have left." I said, slightly anxious.

"Of course he hasn't." Harry said firmly.

"You don't think he's... hurt, or anything, do you?" Hermione sounded uneasy.

Harry shook his head at once. "No."

"But where is he, then?" Ron wondered.

Harry shrugged. He leaned close to me, and whispered in my ear, "You haven't seen you-know-who all summer, have you?"

My blood ran cold. I didn't know how to respond. My eyes met his, and I badly wanted to tell him the truth. "No, not at all. He wasn't even mentioned in my house. Why?"

"Just wondering." I think he believed me. He looked back up to the staff table, and looked around. "It's that umbridge woman!"

"Who?" Hermione questioned.

"She was at my hearing, she works for fudge!"

"Nice cardigan." Ron laughed.

"She works for fudge?" Hermione repeated, frowning. "What on earth is she doing here, then?"

"Don't know."

Hermione's eyes narrowed. "No, no, surely not."

I didn't understand what she was talking about but did not ask; my attention had been caught by professor mcgonagall, who was leading the first years up to the front. Mcgonagall placed the stool, and old hat down in front of everyone. We waited for the new song the hat would sing every year. The rip near the brim opened like a mouth, and started to sing: