𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

The door to malfoy manor opened, letting us in. Xavier led me inside, not letting me slip on the ice outside. Inside, the dull manor was decorated brightly with christmas decorations. Well, as brightly as it can be. Either way, it looks a little brighter.

"Welcome!" Narcissa greeted us, pulling all of us into hugs. Have I told you that I love narcissa? She hugged me last, and examined my dress for the night. "Wow, my dear. You look absolutely lovely."

"Thank you, narcissa. You look amazing as well."

She motions for me to walk deeper into the house. I tugged my wrap off, and handed it to the person taking all the coats. The ballroom was filled with ministry officials, drinking and dancing with one another. I can't get used to this. With every ball either the malfoy's or my family throws, I can't get enough of it. Everyone dances like there isn't a care in the world.

"Did you have a good christmas?" Draco walked up with two flutes of champagne, and handed me one.

I couldn't help but smile when I saw him. "It was great as always. What about you?"

"Even better now you're here."

My face burned at his words, and I distracted myself by taking a sip from my glass. My eyes landed on cornelius fudge, who was talking to my father. I wanted to go over there so badly, and tell him that the hippogriff situation was not buckbeak, or hagrid's fault.

"Are you okay?"

"Hmm?" I suddenly remembered draco standing next to me. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine, just thinking."

"What about?"

"It's nothing important."

He nodded his head, and took the glass away from my hand. His free right hand slipped to the small of my back, and gently urged me forward. I love how after our game with hufflepuff, his arm is suddenly better.

"Where are you taking me?"

"To dance. I thought that was obvious. Plus, zabini, crabbe, goyle and pansy just arrived. I'm hoping that if pansy sees me with you, she'll leave me alone for the night. I want to spend it with you."

He pulled me close to him, and started to dance with me. The way his hand was placed on my back, was so gentle. He held my hand close to his heart, rubbing his thumb along my knuckles.

"You look beautiful tonight." His voice was barely a whisper. "That color looks good on you."

I rolled my eyes. "I wear black all the time. Mother and father won't buy me any other color."

"We're in the same boat in that department, then. But I was talking about your jewelry. The color looks amazing on you."

"I guess you could say that rose gold is my color."

"It certainly is. So, the other day, you said there was more to you that I didn't know about."

I nodded my head and smirked. "Yes, I know. I was there."

"What else don't I know about you?"

"I play the violin, I sing, I dance..."

"That's interesting."

"And you've put me on the spot, so I can't think of anything else."

"I'm sorry for doing that. I'll remember not to do that again."

"Drakey!" Came an annoying voice. "There you are. Come dance with me!" Pansy pulled draco away.

I laughed, and waved 'bye' at him. Another hand grabbed my left, and spun me around. I collided with a chest, and realized it was blaise.

"Sorry about that. I figured you'd like to dance, since we've danced at all the other party's."

"Well, all except the last one."

"Right, right. Draco hogged you that night. You two were the main attraction."

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks."

"You're welcome. You're changing him, you know."

"Who, draco? How?"

He thought about how to word it correctly. "Just... trust me. I feel like you are, especially with how I saw him treat you just now."

"Whatever." Over his shoulder, I saw fudge standing by himself. I guess this is my time to shine. "Blaise, will you excuse me for a second?" I walked over to the minister, my heart pounding in my chest. "Hello, minister."

"Ah!" His eyes lit up when he saw me. His hand shot out to shake mine. "Miss diore, my dear! You look lovely tonight."

"Thank you. I-"

"What that dreadful creature did to you at the beginning of the year was awful. But don't worry, you and mr. malfoy will get your justice."

"Actually, minister, that was what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Oh, yes. Please, please, go on."

"What happened at the beginning of the year was an accident. Draco did specifically what hagrid told him not to do, and draco knew the consequences." Fudge's eyebrows furrowed. "Please, don't-"

A large hand clasped around my shoulder, making me freeze. "Excuse me, sir. But I would like to speak to my daughter for a second."

"Of course, of course." Fudge is really drunk, I hope he remembers what I said.

Father led me out of the ballroom, and up the stairs. My whole body was starting to shake, scared of what he was going to say. He pushed me into a room, and slammed the door shut behind us.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Trying to get justice for and innocent man and creature!" I couldn't hold it back any longer.

"That creature attacked you!"

"It was an accident!"

"But it still happened, did it not? If that giant-"

"Half giant."

"That doesn't matter!" Father's face was turning red. "He shouldn't have brought that creature anywhere near the students if it was that dangerous!"

"But it wasn't dangerous! Draco was the one who was rude to buckbeak! God! And about draco, why do you think I want to get married to him? Are you scared that I'm going to run off with a weasley and disgrace myself? You would love that, wouldn't you, though? It'll give you something to complain about me with mother over breakfast."

The back of his hand connected with my cheek, and I fell to the ground. Tears flooded my eyes as I felt my cheek cut open.

"If you ever talk back to me again, you will regret it."

I looked up at him with fearful eyes. He meant it. Whenever a muscle in his eyebrow twitched, he meant business. He opened the door to leave, but stopped when he saw draco standing there. Father shouldered past him, and draco's scared eyes found mine. Tears started to fall, no matter how hard I tried to hold them back. Draco rushed forward, and fell to his knees beside me. Pulling me into him, I cling to his jacket, crying.

"It's okay, y/n. It's okay."