𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙠

It was the evening of the second task

It was the evening of the second task. The four of us were all in the library, helping harry with tomorrow. I knew he had been lying about figuring the clue out! Now we are working our butts off at the last minute.

"I don't reckon it can be done." Ron's voice said, flatly from the other side of the table. "There's nothing. Nothing. Closest was that thing to dry up puddles and ponds, that drought charm, but that was nowhere near powerful enough to drain the lake."

"Maybe there's a spell, but we just don't know it yet, cause we haven't learned it." I suggested.

"There must be something." Hermione muttered, moving a candle closer to her. "They'd never have set a task that was undoable."

"They have." Ron said. "Harry, just go down to the lake tomorrow, right, stick your head in, yell at the merpeople to give back whatever they've nicked and see if they chuck it out. Best you can do, mate."

I laughed. "Next thing you know, they're throwing someone out of the lake."

"There's a way of doing it!" Hermione said crossly. "There just has to be!"

She seemed to be taking the library's lack of useful information on the subject as a person insult; it had never failed her before.

"I know what I should have done." Harry said, resting his head down on a book. "I should've learned to be an animagus like sirius."

"Yeah, you could've turned into a goldfish any time you wanted!" I grinned.

"Or a frog." Harry yawned.

"It takes years to become an animagus, and then you have to register yourself and everything." Hermione said vaguely. "Professor mcgonagall told us, remember... you've got to register yourself with the improper use of magic office... what animal you become, and your markings, so you can't abuse it..."

"Or you just don't tell anyone you're doing it." I mumbled.

"Hermione, I was joking." Harry said. "I know I haven't got a chance of turning into a frog by tomorrow morning."

"Oh, this is no use." Hermione snapped a book shut. "Who on earth wants to make their nose hair grow into ringlets?"

"I wouldn't mind." Said fred from behind me. "Be a talking point, wouldn't I?"

I looked over my shoulder at him. "You would look beautiful, freddie."

"Thank you, y/n."

"What are you two doing here?" Ron asked.

"Looking for you." George said. "Mcgonagall wants you, ron. And you, hermione."

"Why?" Hermione looked surprised.

"Dunno... she was looking a bit grim, though." Fred said.

"We're supposed to take you down to her office." George added.