𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙚'𝙨 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖

(Outfit for the hogsmeade trip. Oh, and I changed the engagement ring...)

It was nearly midnight when harry returned to the common room

It was nearly midnight when harry returned to the common room. Ron, hermione and I had sat up waiting for him. His hand was bandaged, the blood staining the white bandage. When we all found out about what umbridge is doing to her students during detention, we were all outraged.

"Here," I said anxiously, pushing a small bowl of yellow liquid towards him. "soak your hand in that, it's a solution of strained and pickled murtlap tentacles, it should help."

"Thanks." Harry said sticking his hand in the bowl.

"I still reckon you should complain about this." Ron said in a low voice.

"No." Harry flatly said.

"But mcgonagall would go nuts if she knew-"

"Yeah, she probably would." Harry cut me off. "And how long do you reckon it'd take umbridge to pass another decree saying anyone who complains about the high inquisitor gets sacked immediately?"

Ron opened his mouth to retort but nothing came out and, after a moment, he closed it again, defeated.

"She's an awful woman." Hermione said in a small voice. "Awful. You know, I was just saying to y/n and ron when you came in... we've got to do something about her."

"I suggested poison." I smirked.

"You have a bloody dark side." Ron shook his head at me.

"No poison, y/n... I mean, something about what a dreadful teacher she is, and how we're not going to learn any defense from her at all." Hermione said.

"Well, what can we do about that?" Ron yawned. "It's too late, isn't it? She's got the job, she's here to stay. Fudge'll make sure of that."

"Well." Hermione said tentatively. "You know, I was thinking today..." She shot a slightly nervous look at harry and then plunged on. "I was thinking that - maybe the time's come when we should just - just do it ourselves."

"Do what ourselves?" Harry looked confused.

"Well - learn defense against the dark arts ourselves." Hermione said.

"Come off it." Ron groaned. "You want us to do extra work? Do you realize harry and I are behind on homework again and it's only the second week?"

"But this is so much more important than homework!" Hermione insisted.

Harry, ron and I goggled at her.

"I didn't think there was anything in the universe more important than homework!" I said.

"Don't be silly, of course there is." Said hermione. "It's about preparing ourselves, like harry said in umbridge's first lesson, for what's waiting for us out there. It's about making sure we really can defend ourselves. If we don't learn anything for a whole year-"