𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙜𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨

You wanna know what's even more embarrassing than realizing that you're clutching onto draco for dear life? It's walking out, and immediately finding yourself freezing in front of professor lupin. That's right! I took one step out, and froze when I saw him. His eyes flickered between malfoy and I, who's shirt was unbuttoned all the way. I wished I could have apparated right on the spot.

I sat at the gryffindor table, watching the first-years being sorted into their houses. Harry and hermione were escorted somewhere else. I guess, while the train was stopped, harry had passed out due to the dementor.

"Are you sure he's okay?" I asked ron. "I mean, you said that all he did was give you all chocolate."

"He looked perfectly fine to me." He shrugged.

At the end of the sorting, harry and hermione showed back up, and sat at the table with us.

"What was all that about?" Ron muttered to harry.

"I'll tell you when we get to the common room."

"Pottah." A voice whispered from the table in front of me. "Pottah!"

The four of us turned our attention to draco and his insufferable goons. I couldn't get the thought of the two of us in the changing room out of my head. Stop it, y/n! Stop it!

"Is it true you fainted?" He laughed when nott did a fainting motion beside him. "I mean, you actually fainted."

"Shove off, malfoy." Ron snapped.

"How did he find out?" Harry whispered.

"Just forget it." Hermione muttered.

I glared daggers at draco. He smirked, probably remembering the incident. I hate that little slime ball.

"Hey, y/n, didn't you say that you had some news to tell us as well?" Ron reminded me.

I looked down at my empty plate, and fingered the rim. "Right. I forgot about that..."

"Well, what was it?" Harry really wanted to know.

"Did any of you read the Daily prophet today?" They shook their heads. "Well, if you did, you would have found out that I'm engaged."

"To?" Hermione urged.

My eyes traveled to the back of draco's head.

Hermione gasped. "You're joking."

"Nope. Found out just last night."

"I feel sorry for you." Ron chuckled.

"What does he say about it?" Harry asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Not really sure. I just know we don't get a say in it."

The chattering around the great hall quieted when dumbledore stood up.

"He looks different." I muttered. "Does he look different to any of you?"

They shook their heads.

"Welcome!" Dumbledore's voice broke me out of my thoughts. "Welcome to another year at hogwarts! I have a few things to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it's best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast. As you will all be aware after their search of the hogwarts express, our school is presently playing host to some of the dementors of azkaban, who are here on ministry of magic business.

"They are stationed at every entrance to the grounds, and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises, or even invisibility cloaks." I shared a look with the boys across from me. "It is not in the nature of a dementor to understand pleasing or excuses. I therefore warn each and everyone of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to the prefects, and our new head boy and girl, to make sure that no student run foul of the dementors. On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. Firstly, professor lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of DADA."

I clapped my hands, still feeling embarrassed from our first encounter.

"As to our second new appointment," dumbledore continued. "well, I am sorry to tell you that professor kettleburn, our care of magical creatures teacher, retired at the end of last year in order to enjoy more time with his remaining limbs. However, I am delighted to say that his place will be filled by none other than rubeus hagrid, who has agreed to take on this teaching job in addition to his gamekeeping duties."

I looked the applause, which was mainly at the gryffindor table.

"We should've know!" Ron roared, pounding his fist on the table. "Who else would have sent us a biting book?"

The four of us were the last to stop clapping.

"Well, I think that's everything of importance. Let the feast begin!"

Hope you liked this❤️