𝙨𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨

"He says he saw cedric diggory get murdered

"He says he saw cedric diggory get murdered..."

"He reckons he dueled with you-know-who..."

"Come off it..."

"Who does he think he's kidding?"

"Pur-lease..."

"What I don't get," Harry said in a shaking voice, his hands trembling. "is why they all believed the story two months ago when dumbledore told them..."

"The thing is, harry, I'm not sure they did." I spooned some food in my mouth.

"You believe me, don't you, y/n?" He looked at me expectantly. "You saw him over the summer, didn't you?"

I froze. What the hell am I supposed to say? I took a deep breath, and swallowed my food. "Harry, I honestly don't think he's really back. If he was, I would have seen him. He would either be at the castle or at malfoy manor. Besides, I listened to mother and father while I was home. They haven't said anything about him being back."

Harry looked at me like he couldn't believe a word I just said. It broke my heart, having him look at me like that. I hate this. I hate my life.

"Oh, let's get out of here." Hermione said grimly.

She slammed down her own knife and fork; ron looked longingly at his half finished pie but followed suit. I stayed seated in my seat, watching them with everyone else as they walked out of the great hall. I felt someone's eyes on me, and I looked over to the slytherin table. Xavier was watching me intently. I avoided his gaze, and started to play with my food.

When dinner was over, I followed the rest of the gryffindors out of the great hall. A hand caught my upper arm, and pulled me back. I came face to face with xavier. His eyes were cold, just like they always were.

"What happened?"

I pulled my arm out of his grip. "You're gonna need to be a little more specific, xavier."

"The entire great hall was whispering about harry and the dark lord. Then your little friends run off, leaving you all alone. And on your face, you held guilt. So what did you say? Did you tell them about the dark lord? Did you say that he was at our house?"

"Okay, first of all, why are you getting so mad about this? You're the one who said that I have to do what it takes to live, right? Well, that's what I'm doing. I could just go up there and tell everyone the truth, but I know that I would be killed by mother or father as soon as I step off hogwarts express for christmas. So, naturally, I lied. I told them that I didn't believe harry, that I never saw him at the castle or malfoy manor. Are you happy? I am slowly ruining my friendship with them, all because I don't want to die."

He grounded his teeth together, and crossed his arms over his chest. His eyes examined me, and I was scared that I might have done something wrong. "Good. Maybe you'll finally be the perfect daughter mother and father always wanted you to be." He spun on his heels, and walked away.